Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Not Asian
701 Posts
Depends on your idea of the cost/benefit. I've got the classics and they do as good a job as the URs. Spent the leftover money on other car stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,459 Posts
Depends on your idea of the cost/benefit. I've got the classics and they do as good a job as the URs. Spent the leftover money on other car stuff.
+1. I'm more of a function-over-form kinda guy..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the classic ones over the UR's. Based on the pictures I saw I thought that they come off as looking like cheap plastic and may look weird if the car is not sparkling clean.

But my car is also silver so it may work better with a black car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the classic ones over the UR's. Based on the pictures I saw I thought that they come off as looking like cheap plastic and may look weird if the car is not sparkling clean.

But my car is also silver so it may work better with a black car.
I thought the same thing which is my hesitation in pictures they look fake and cheap does anyone know if they look better in person

·
Not Asian
701 Posts
Regardless of what they look like, they're neither fake or cheap. :)

Ya just have to decide whether the gloss look is worth more to you than the matte look. Both were designed for durability.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
I made cardboard ones. They don't last long, but you can re make them every time it rains, which is fun!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
how long do the URs really stay shiney? im getting some soon n idk if its really worth it if they are just as functional.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Question about UR's vs Classic

Hey I was reading this thread and I was wondering from all you guys that have the UR's if they flex/flap in the wind like on the freeway or while driving? I was under the imperssion that they were a hard flap. I was talking with a guy at a car rally that had the Classics and and the reason he didnt get the UR's is cuz they flap in the wind while driving. Just wondering if this is true or if anyone else has had this issue.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey I was reading this thread and I was wondering from all you guys that have the UR's if they flex/flap in the wind like on the freeway or while driving? I was under the imperssion that they were a hard flap. I was talking with a guy at a car rally that had the Classics and and the reason he didnt get the UR's is cuz they flap in the wind while driving. Just wondering if this is true or if anyone else has had this issue.
They are much "flimsier" than the Classics in that respect. In fact, you could nearly bend it in half without much force.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts