Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 WRX's radio volume randomly jumps up and down sometimes slightly sometimes more dramatically...I'm assuming this isn't normal?

Also I've been looking everywhere to get rid of this damn seatbelt chime!! I've tried the seatbelt in and out meathod 1000 times it doesn't seem to be working on the 2018, any advice?

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Do you have the sound adjustment thing set? Speed sensitivity or something, I can't recall the exact option

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the sound adjustment thing set? Speed sensitivity or something, I can't recall the exact option

Not sure.... I haven't messed with any of the settings? What's that do? Where do I find it?

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Somewhere in the settings. I recall seeing an option on my 2011s radio. Dig through the settings and look for something about speed adjustment or some such

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not just leave the seat belt "in?"
I always drive with the seatbelt on. But I have this weird habit of taking it off when I'm parking or looking for parking. Idk why I do it but I've been doing to for years. So it's the worst when I'm trying to park and the car is yelling at me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I always drive with the seatbelt on. But I have this weird habit of taking it off when I'm parking or looking for parking. Idk why I do it but I've been doing to for years. So it's the worst when I'm trying to park and the car is yelling at me.
I was trained to do that as a cop and in the military.. I still do it now anytime I pull into a parking lot lol.

In for any info on how to disable the sound too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was trained to do that as a cop and in the military.. I still do it now anytime I pull into a parking lot lol.

In for any info on how to disable the sound too
I was in the military for 6 years...this might explain it. Either that or I'm just tactical AF

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
If you are under like 5mph the sound will not come on :) (you guys must be doing some high speed parking lot cruising)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I received my 2018 3 weeks ago... about every 20 min my radio will change stations or songs all by itself. Additionally I get the volume issue you have described on occasion.

I'm having the firmware check next week at the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Check the speed sensitive volume. For sound issues I'm almost certain that's some of it

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you happen to be switching between radio, bluetooth, or XM? Your radio will keep the previous volume settings depending on the source you're using. If you switch from radio to XM while driving it will sound like it gets quieter or louder depending on your last volume setting for the source you're switching to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2016 WRX has issues with volume going up and down....always while driving. I narrowed it down...my issue is when I'm on the fringe and the radio is switching back and forth between the station's analog and digital signals. Owner's manual indicates you can touch a certain icon on the screen and make it stay in analog mode on that channel. I've tried putting it in analog, but haven't quite figured out how. Good luck.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
As for the seat belt sound, I know a couple ways to disable it.....but I don't think I will tell :tisk:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts