Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The outer part of the radiator inlet broke, because I over tightened the hose clamp.

SAM_0686 small.jpg

If I take this to a mechanic, I suspect they would say replace the whole radiator.
I think it can be repaired by inserting a metal tube into the inlet and epoxy the broken part (still inside the hose) and the radiator to the tube.

But where to find a metal tube that just fits into the inlet? Has anyone seen a repair kit made for this purpose?

I found a youtube video showing this exact problem and repair on a different brand of car.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,582 Posts
The radiator is plastic.

Replace it. I got an OEM style Koyo for less than $200 after going through 2 Calsonics. You can get other brands even cheaper.

I'd buy a new rad, a new set of hoses, and new clamps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
On ebay I see some aluminum replacement radiator for $100. That's 1/3 the price of the OEM plastic one. I like the alluminum radiator because it is unlikely the inlet neck would break like it did before.
But is there a way to know how good/bad the $100 radiators are?

Here's an example

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,582 Posts
On ebay I see some aluminum replacement radiator for $100. That's 1/3 the price of the OEM plastic one. I like the alluminum radiator because it is unlikely the inlet neck would break like it did before.
But is there a way to know how good/bad the $100 radiators are?
Buying one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts