ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how it going. i am having some problems with my stage 2 02 wrx with the 2.0. I am on my 3rd radiator that keeps blowing out the bottom!!! My car was running right at 200 degrees constant. i blew a radiator hose some how it got a pin sized whole in it. So i replaced the upper and lower hoses and the radiator..when i pulled out the radiator it was twice the weight due to calcium. i work in a auto shop and i got a radiator from our supplier cost for 140..i thought it was good..it was in the car for no more than a week week and it started leaking out the bottom.. I replaced it with a warrenty one and i drove to oregon and back from pheonix.when i got back it started leaking again..again warrenty..i have had this radiator for no more than a week and leaking out of the same spot again...no ideas going threw my head...crap radiators? bad head gasket? cap? thermostat? the car is now running right at 180 to 185 no problem so its not thermostat stuck open...head gasket..subaru said when i took off the cap coolant would boil out? it doesnt. it doesn't over heat. i replaced the cap...so crap radiators? or what anyone have an idea? i have asked our master tech all my instructors at universal technical institute everything.. everyone has no idea and the radiator company says they have never had a problem with it and blame it on the car... Please help!!!! any ideas ?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Closing this thread since it's crossposted to General Maintenance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.