ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to see what you guys had to say about adding a radiator cooling shroud. Is this a real good idea or is it just looks? any ideas where to look for a good one?
thanx

·
Registered
390 Posts
hybrid gti 2 said:
wanted to see what you guys had to say about adding a radiator cooling shroud. Is this a real good idea or is it just looks? any ideas where to look for a good one?
thanx
I bought mine from Gruppe-S. Don't know if it made a diiference, but a cool little mod for the price.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ive got a blue and a black one Ill sell you for $30 + shipping.

Heres a pic of the blue one on my car. I also have the battery covers in red for $30 + shipping. These are laser cut aluminum with a very durable powdercoat.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I had one. . then took it off. . .don't really think it made that much of a difference. The Speedmonkee aluminum radiator and Crucial T-stat definitely made a difference though. ;)

Calvin

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh thanx for the info I was thinking that!

·
Registered
241 Posts
It does make a difference.
I was reading the latest issue of Option magazine

They did a test on the CUSCO radiator shroud on an EVO VIII.

They did around 4 tests
One at low gear at low speed and at high speed
and one at high hear at normal crusing speed and fast speed.
I am not exactly sure since I dont know a lot of Japanese.

but the drop in radiator temperature went down like this
these are numbers are in Celsius (not accurate numbers since I dont have the magazine in front of me, but preetty close)

113 C --> 102 C
98 C --> 91C
86 C --> 81 C
and one more set of numbers that I forgot..
I could be off, but just pick you the latest OPtion and Option2 mag and check it out....

Of course a shroud is a shroud and all do the same thing... if you want to be cheap, get a no name brand, if you want a nice brand, pay a little more.. either way, both do the same job.... i got the CUSCO cause of the nice quality and decent price.

Giancarlo
www.customcarperformance.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts