ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two teenagers both with Wrx's were racing in Thousand oaks, CA in a windy road. One knicked a tree and flipped over nine times and died instantly. There names were Josh Putolo and davey Holiday. Josh putolo is the one that died. Please be careful street racing.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
or dont street race - always the best answer. Save it for the track. I know, i am finding myself floorign it sometimes in first to get thrown in my seat, and its a abd habbit.

How is the other boy who did not die? Hopefully doing good? And my condolences going out to both families, esecially the one who suffered a lost.

·
Registered
647 Posts
thats why i wish i knew the limits ofmy car, so i never do anything too stupid. Also want to go to a driving school to learn how to drive fast/under control. So that way in any situation, i can keep my cool and hopefully not get hurt.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
:( i agree go to the track safer, and you can payattention to the race not cops. RIP

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I learned my lesson on the street and luckily no one was hurt, but caused about 10k in damage to my car. My advice don't race on the street, you never know when its going to go bad. Although people never really listen and have to find out for themselves. Unfortunetly sometimes it costs people their lives. So please save it for the track or auto-x or rally-x.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
DUBA_Rob said:
"Street racing is like kissing your sister, if you do it, your stupid.".
what wrong with that? j/k i dont have a sister..............just trying to lighten things up, you can tell kids not to street race it wont affect them until its to late, im sorry to hear about this...it happens and sux, prayers go out to the family

·
Registered
236 Posts
there's a fine line between spirited driving and wreckless driving.
we got our rexes for thrills from day to day, so driving it hard during safe conditions is understandable. but i dont think we should find the limits of our vehicles in situations where innocent motorist are operating on the same road. leave stupidity and racing off the streets.

i was a pretty stupid driver when i was a teen too. good thing my dad gave me a slow jeep, i mighta been dead by now. i'm a much different driver half a decade later.

unfortunately for those young kids, their ego got the best of the them. it's not the first time i hear of fatal crashes from the result of street racing. and i doubt it'll be the last time i hear of it. too young to die. RIP.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
express_wagon said:
we got our rexes for thrills from day to day, so driving it hard during safe conditions is understandable. but i dont think we should find the limits of our vehicles in situations where innocent motorist are operating on the same road. leave stupidity and racing off the streets.

i was a pretty stupid driver when i was a teen too. good thing my dad gave me a slow jeep, i mighta been dead by now. i'm a much different driver half a decade later.

unfortunately for those young kids, their ego got the best of the them. it's not the first time i hear of fatal crashes from the result of street racing. and i doubt it'll be the last time i hear of it. too young to die. RIP.
its nothing about being a teen, im 17 i have a full vf30 with a fmic and i dont drive stupid, its not being a teen i see 30 yearold try to race my in there gt's but i dont race cause i already know im a pimp and dont have to prove anything..............
basically: people are people they will be dumb, some eat it some dont......i choose never to eat it or feel what it feels like to lose my stanger, my wrx.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
express_wagon said:

its nothing about being a teen, im 17 i have a full vf30 with a fmic and i dont drive stupid, its not being a teen i see 30 yearold try to race my in there gt's but i dont race cause i already know im a pimp and dont have to prove anything..............
basically: people are people they will be dumb, some eat it some dont......i choose never to eat it or feel what it feels like to lose my stanger, my wrx. or my life

·
Registered
106 Posts
WRXout said:
basically: people are people they will be dumb, some eat it some dont......i choose never to eat it or feel what it feels like to lose my stanger, my wrx. or my life
pardon my french, but it doesnt make sense...

·
Registered
211 Posts
WRXout said:
No offense, but it's everything about being young and inexperienced. I am amazed by all of the teenagers driving fast cars nowadays. I thought I knew everything as a teenager and thought my Dad was an idiot and it took me a good five years of driving like an idiot to figure out my Dad was right.

If I had a car this fast when I was a teenager I would be dead. No question about it. Teenagers with good judgement are a rare bird as statistics and insurance rates prove.

Jimbo

1 - 20 of 46 Posts