Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced my friends 2002 GT 5 speed last night. It was a little wet outside, and i launched at about 5k slipin the clutch. Everytime i launched, he somehow managed to get a 1 car lead. We did 2 runs, and he would always jump ahead at the start. Anyways, by the end of first gear, i would pull and we would be even. In second gear, i would just slowly walk away, at a leasurly pace. Third gear would continue to also walk away. I only went to about 75-80 mph, because it was a little wet outside. I would always be atleast 2 cars ahead, maybe 3, and i would keep pulling, with no sign of him starting to pull. This is all with 2 bad launches. So yeah...his 5 speed manual eclipse with 200 hp definatelly wasnt slow, but it wasnt as quick as the REX :). I have no mods, or anything. Hehe, just thought i would post it :) its my first post. Peace.

-Bobby D

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you didn't get him on the launch, that means you didn't launch the car at right RPM. you should try launching at 4k-4.2k rpm next time, it should help you beat him right off the line like a slingshot. :)

good luck,

Cal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts