ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on the way to the Snow the other day, a friend of mine who went with me has a mustant gt, and well to cut the story short, i followed him into the freeway and i would say i was about a cars length or maybe car and a half length away, but we both gunned it and i could not pass him, i got a bit closer but from then on we were not gaining any grounds. I was dissapointed in the sti but i guess it weighs out because of his v8. I have intake and catback, do you think if i had a DP i could have beat him?

·
Registered
884 Posts
not at highway speeds from 0-70 easy

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
turbo upgrade - just about any of them would do it

·
Registered
280 Posts
was he stock? all you need is a dp and em and you should beat him with no problem from 0-110

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Frumaroll at 50 or so mph starting, a mustang GT is about equal to an STi. 1/4 mile trap speeds prove this out pretty much. In a 1/4 mile drag though, the STi should take care of it no problem, assuming you can launch and shift well. On average, an STi will take a GT there by about 1 to 3 car lengths.

Take him from a launch and it will be a totally different story.

With a DP and EM, you will pull on a GT at any speed.

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
Not to be too mean, but you gave up your greatest advantage in a race. Never do that!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
^^^^ Most races take place while your already moving. It's very rare that you actually meet the person your gonna race at a stop light, and there is no traffic, you know the area, and there are no cops around. Do you turn down a race because you think your gonna lose? Hell na. You win some and lose some. But what's great about this whole situation is the comments that you see on forums. (example) If you were at track you would of beatin him. If you went from 0-70 you would of beatin him. If you had a downpipe you would of beatin him. If you had a turbo upgrade you would of beatin him. :rotfl: "IF" is a big word. Check it...
If my Aunt had nuts she would be my uncle. See how much of a difference that word makes.

Becareful out there bro! :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Order a Perrin GT4088R :tongue:

·
Registered
720 Posts
^^^^ Most illegal street races take place while your already moving. It's very rare that you actually meet the person your gonna race at a stop light, and there is no traffic, you know the area, and there are no cops around.(because you aren't man enough to go to the track) Do you turn down a race because you think your gonna lose? Hell na. You win some and lose some. What matters is that those 10 seconds or less, you're free. But what's great about this whole situation is the comments that you see on forums. (example) If you were at track you would of beatin him.(but who needs a track anyway, certainly not a real racer) If you went from 0-70 you would of beatin him. If you had a downpipe you would of beatin him. If you had a turbo upgrade you would of beatin him. :rotfl: "IF" is a big word. Check it...
If my Aunt had nuts she would be my uncle. See how much of a difference that word makes.

Becareful out there bro! Don't let the man keep you down, str33t r4c3rzz 4 l1f3 y000!!! :)
Fixxored, and Vin Diesel approved.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i know from a launch i would have murderd him. it just bums me out that i cant keep up with sports cars pas 70 or 80 highway racing...

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
^^^^ If my Aunt had nuts she would be my uncle. See how much of a difference that word makes.

:)
This is the funniest thing I have read on this forum... EVER.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Banned
316 Posts
with those mods you definately should have been able to pass him. sommething isn't right. I have a downpipe and stage1 ecu tune, and a gt cannot keep up at freeway speeds.

·
Banned
316 Posts
thought you has an ecu tune, my mistake. the exhaust def helps, the intake isn't doing much of anything(according to subaru) in fact it could hurt you depending on which brand you have. My 06 sti with downpipe and ecu tune, made 345hp and 385tq at the motor. 290whp and 330wtq. A stock gt def wont be able to mess with you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts