ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, I was cruising around for my job, and I just left a stoplight and low and behold a 911 is right beside me.:D It was one of the new ones I would say less then 3 years old. He looks at me while I'm looking at him and we both punch it. We were going about 10-15 mph, and through 1st we were dead even. Slam it into second, and I realize my A/C was on! we are neck and neck, I turn off the A/C and I hit the limiter!:mad: When I hit third my front bumper was at his door and he was inching ahead. We shut down right after that due to traffic. He slowed down and stayed behind me a few cars back and I threw him a thumbs up, but he wouldn't even look at me. Figures....;) It felt good hanging with a 911, I was just mentioning it to my buddy how I wanted to run with one. I am assuming it was a non-turbo model, I never saw the back of his car.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
ac turns it's self off at wot by the way. good race. deff a non turbo. i raced a new carrera once and stayed right with it from 30 or so to maybe 100 when he let off. i was also stock then.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nice run...feels good to run w/some exotics. Too bad the ac was on maybe you could have stayed neck and neck...

Bigger turbo and your there dude.

·
Registered
119 Posts
xDx said:
Nice run man..

I never knew the a/c makes your car slower..:confused:
It eats up gobs of power, but supposedly it's supposed to shut off during WOT, but it seems that people have seen a hit on HP on a dyno with it on, so who knows.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I was told by turbo xs and my tuner NOT to go wot w/the ac on...But I know that just driving around town w/it on I can feel a difference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
NA 996's are decently fast off the line, but they're no stop light warriors. 911's are meant for road racing.

If you were that close, as others have said, it was a NA 911.

Your A/C should not turn off, but clutch out at WOT right?

That's what mine does. I thought most sports cars did that now.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I've gone WOT with the A/C and the light stays on, and I feel a difference.

Does the compressor turn back on after you release throttle?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Trailboss said:
Does the compressor turn back on after you release throttle?
Yep. Sometimes even is regular driving I notice a correlation between cold air temp and throttle position (not WOT).

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think my A/C turns off at WOT. I test drove a 05 legacy the other day and when you punch it the air blew hot, and on my car it stays cold, but just a little weaker. Not sure....

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
AC relieves you not only of the heat, but also 15whp throughout the board. Escpecially noticable when off boost, and when on-boost also when you are not wot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts