Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy... mid 20's, like myself, came up in traffic and got on my tail. It was a 2004 Silver WRX (I think it was an Auto). I could tell he wanted to go.. he was doing all he could to keep up as I moved through traffic on my way home from work.

He changed lanes and passed me, I then pulled behind him.

A couple minutes later we found ourselves on a 3 lane 55mph stretch of road getting ahead of the traffic... with a large open space infront of us.

I was still behind him... he gave it some gas... I floored it around to his side and we both hammered it at about 65mph.

I started pulling on him right away... by 110mph I was about 2 carlengths ahead.

I slowed down for my turn... and we were starting coming up on a little traffic.

I have to give all the credit to my big ass wing, that gives me altleast 35HP to the wheels!!! ;)

Does this race seem right? Would I pull that much on a stock auto WRX??

Side Note: I am glad we started from a roll.. I had just put my stock rims/tires back on for winter.. I would have gotten TOASTED from a stop.

I did not know if the guy I raced posted on here. I was hoping he did so he could post his thoughts on the race.

Ohhh and first post.. so Hi all. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
wat does an rsx with ur mods mph in the 1/4?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WRX said:
I can believe it... from a roll like that. I've beaten one by many many carlengths at the track before (when I was stock). Anyways, good kill.:wiggles:
I thinky your trap speed sums it up. Your 14.1 1/4 time is QUICK!! (I would be lucky to hit high 14s), but by the end of the quarter your car is going 95mph... and a stock RSX type S is going 95/94sh...

And my car is just slightly moddified.

:confused:

·
Registered
264 Posts
black rsx said:

Does this race seem right? Would I pull that much on a stock auto WRX??
I have an auto and im not saying your a liar but it dont seem right. Maybe he didnt drop it to 3 or something who knows. ive never raced one so i cant really say if your car is faster or not. 200hp and 140 torque are the stock numbers if im not mistaken....top end on the WRX has its penalties due to the AWD.....throw in the fact the auto will shift when it wants to dont help much either.

black rsx said:
Side Note: I am glad we started from a roll.. I had just put my stock rims/tires back on for winter.. I would have gotten TOASTED from a stop.

I hope your not implying that if you had your other rims/tires on you would not of got toasted off the line.

·
Registered
123 Posts
good kill! i think a rsx-s and a manual wrx are pretty close from a roll. and this was a auto, so it hurt the wrx more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Re: Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)

skyjock41 said:
I have an auto and im not saying your a liar but it dont seem right. Maybe he didnt drop it to 3 or something who knows. ive never raced one so i cant really say if your car is faster or not. 200hp and 140 torque are the stock numbers if im not mistaken....top end on the WRX has its penalties due to the AWD.....throw in the fact the auto will shift when it wants to dont help much either.

I hope your not implying that if you had your other rims/tires on you would not of got toasted off the line.
"dropping it to three" is not some magical power gear that you dont normally use. Its third gear in the 4 speed auto. it will downshift automatically to 3 or even 2 if you floor it. Manual shifting the WRX automatic acheives nothing.

I think he he got beat b/c RSX-S are fast from a roll and plus it had mods and the 4EAT wrx was stock. Autos are slower.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)

Samirr76 said:
"dropping it to three" is not some magical power gear that you dont normally use. Its third gear in the 4 speed auto. it will downshift automatically to 3 or even 2 if you floor it. Manual shifting the WRX automatic acheives nothing.

I think he he got beat b/c RSX-S are fast from a roll and plus it had mods and the 4EAT wrx was stock. Autos are slower.
I like the magical part.....unnecessary and lame but whatever floats your boat.

Oh wait....so your telling me they are on the freeway doing 65 and putting it in 3 wouldnt do anything? Ive noticed that the RPMs jump up 1500-2000 more at 60+ speeds and that putting it in 3 is faster then flooring it (to get rpms up that is)

Autos are slower.
Thanks for clarifying that. Im sure no one but you knew this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
putting it into "3" will give you more set-up time, so you dont have to wait for the auto to downshift when racing from a 65 roll.

oh and no, a "slightly" (exhaust only) modded rsx wont even keep up with a stock wrx even an auto, at any speed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where in the Burbs of Chicago?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Auto WRX should not even be raced. It's too slow!

·
Registered
147 Posts
sounds about right. Stock WRX top end sucks poop! I even think my stage 4 top end sucks poop (honestly)!

I am moving to Schaumburg in Dec, you will be seeing me around. ( yellow with FMIC)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
slin02 said:
sounds about right. Stock WRX top end sucks poop! I even think my stage 4 top end sucks poop (honestly)!

I am moving to Schaumburg in Dec, you will be seeing me around. ( yellow with FMIC)
yep. I agree. Only a select few cars have good topend...on my list are ls1s, supras, vipers, porsches, other exotics...Mustangs, WRXs, etc have limited topend potential unless you get into serious $$$

·
Registered
50 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee said:
putting it into "3" will give you more set-up time, so you dont have to wait for the auto to downshift when racing from a 65 roll.

oh and no, a "slightly" (exhaust only) modded rsx wont even keep up with a stock wrx even an auto, at any speed.
Wrong. You act like the WRX is God's Gift, it lacks highend power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Re: Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll)

skyjock41 said:
Nope... Just that my stock tires are MUCH worse than my Yokos..

So I would have got toasted from a stop with my stocks and only slightly toasted with my other tires.. :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts