ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm thinking about blending in some 109 octane race fuel and going out and doing a bit of tuning.
where do i start?
up the boost 2 lbs?
start pulling fuel in tiny increments?

thanks in advance

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
Depends on what your fuel target is now & whether you are running 91 or 93 to start. Also depends on what boost you are set at right now. Me for example am runnning +24psi on 93 oct, the turbo is nearly out of its efficiency range, so on meth I can squeeze maybe another psi out of it but I can advance timing over 4 degrees & lean it out to 12:1.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what your fuel target is now & whether you are running 91 or 93 to start. Also depends on what boost you are set at right now. Me for example am runnning +24psi on 93 oct, the turbo is nearly out of its efficiency range, so on meth I can squeeze maybe another psi out of it but I can advance timing over 4 degrees & lean it out to 12:1.
i am running 19.5 psi tops and taper down at redline.
i believe my target afrs are in the low 11s.
running 93 to start and i'll mix 5 gallons of 109 with no more than a half tank of 93
should be roughly 100 octane final.
not wanting to go super aggressive, i'll leave that to the professional when i can get out to him.
basically i'm trying to get a low 13 second car to run like a high 12.

btw jeremy, I have 2 methods of spraying my intercooler since we last went on a tuning crusade.
also how did you do that HP calculation???

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
btw jeremy, I have 2 methods of spraying my intercooler since we last went on a tuning crusade.
also how did you do that HP calculation???
not sure what hp calculation you are referring to.:confused:

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm no tuning master myself, but my tuner was able to bump me from 404/390 to 430/435 after pouring in 5 gallons of 103 into a 1/4 tank of 93. I think thats pretty close to half and half. Mixed octane of about 109?? Plus meth though. It boosts at about 22-23 on pump and 24-25 on the higher octane.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, http://dataloglab.com then I created a definition file for the enginuity logs. You can download a trial version. I have the car definitions also if you need em.
that's pretty cool.
its been a long time since i've done anything with enginuity.
i'd love to advance the timing a bit and crank the boost up to 22 pounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts