ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just chipped/intaked my r32 and my friend came over with his 240sx (sylvia conversion). He just put in the sylvia engine(turboed), large fmic, blitz intake, and changed the transmission from automatic to manual transmission and racing clutch. Well he came by and asked me to race him, but he wouldnt race from a stop. Anyhow, we ran from about 30mph to 100mph and we were pretty much even. I couldn't believe it. The car was very impressive, wasnt expecting him to stick with me with my new mods. I guess a 240sx with 8000.00 mods really can get fast. It supposedly is supposed to run mid 13's. He has about 260hp to the crank and the car weights 2700lbs.

What you guys think? my brother also raced him with the wrx and the sylvia started to walk him. I also raced the wrx from a roll, and up to 60 we'd be neck to neck and around 100mph id be about 2 cars in front and still pulling pretty hard. I also hit rev limiter in first, second, and third. Damn new rev limiter raised to 7200rpms from 6500rpms and i keep messing up. Gotta work on the new rev limiter.

peter

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice run. What year 240? I love S13's mostly... but S14's are nice.

A friend of mine had a '95 with a red top SR20DET swap (from a '93). He had full 3" exhaust, boost controller, cams and front mount.

At stock (7lbs) I was quicker at low speeds and we were even on the highway

at 10lbs I was still quicker at low speeds but he was a bit faster on the highway

at 12lbs he had too much wheel spin to compete with me at low speeds, but he would walk, very slowly, away from me on the highway.

total mod cost (including wheels/tires and suspension)? 4500.
car: 8000

·
Registered
353 Posts
I spent a long time pricing out an S14 w/a RB26dett and a RB25det transmission. That would have been a deadly car... that is if I could get traction ;-) Sigh.... only space in my life for 1 car. My STi (aka Skyline Light, same great taste, sh1t tons cheaper.. in the US that is). GT-R R34 mmmmmm.... I need to go touch myself.

I digress... watch out, Red/Black tops are good for 450hp+

... Maybe an LS1 FC RX-7....

-Eric-

·
Registered
236 Posts
MY friend that had the SR20/240 sold it for a '98 A4... practicality reasons, He went back to school and it snows here. He has said that, if he ever gets another 240, it will be an S13 and will have an RB26DETT.

Very nice cars :cool: For a straight line, anyway.

·
Registered
353 Posts
skyphix said:
MY friend that had the SR20/240 sold it for a '98 A4... practicality reasons, He went back to school and it snows here. He has said that, if he ever gets another 240, it will be an S13 and will have an RB26DETT.

Very nice cars :cool: For a straight line, anyway.
Lol...

I am Eric
I own a 04 Black STi w/gold rims
I also work in the tech field, though more programmerish work, less sysadmin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts