Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ray,

I have rolled over the first break-in milestone of 500 miles. That is giving me a bit more latitude with the throttle. I cannot bury the throttle and leave it there, but I can at least push it down and let it out at ~5000 - 5500 rpms.

I can say that this is an entirely different level of car. There is as much difference between the ZL1 and the SS as there was between the SS and the WRX. Here comes the blasphemy:

The 10 speed automatic is really special. It rips through gears 1-6 at just 3/4 throttle. FYI: 7 to 8 shift takes place under fill tilt at 180MPH (I am taking some folk's word on this).

Grip is really, really, really .. freaky high. The eDiff is a wonderful piece of kit.

I'll have some updates as the miles tick off. I'll also do a full write-up after NOLA Motorsports Park on May 19th. I need to bet better with the PDR between now and then.

· Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
47,181 Posts
Ha, I'll admit to having a small amount of envy for the ZL1, at this point, more around the suspension and eDiff than the the supercharged 650hp...but okay, a little bit for the 650hp. :wiggles:

I know the A10 is supposed to be pretty great, but I'm that weirdo that loves his clutch pedal...maybe somewhere down the line, there's a ZL1 1LE1 M6 in my future...

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, I'll admit to having a small amount of envy for the ZL1, at this point, more around the suspension and eDiff than the the supercharged 650hp...but okay, a little bit for the 650hp. :wiggles:

I know the A10 is supposed to be pretty great, but I'm that weirdo that loves his clutch pedal...maybe somewhere down the line, there's a ZL1 1LE1 M6 in my future...
Ray,

The Tremec TR-6060 is one sweet 6 speed transmission. I loved it in the Camaro SS. The 10 speed auto was a compromise with my SO and I don't regret it. I am getting better gas mileage with the ZL1 than what I got with the SS. OK, break-in driving may have something to do with that, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.