ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's The Stock Boost On 05 Wrx?

My current mods are Up and Dp, Exhaust, and CAI...

What should I go with next?:confused::confused:

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
What's The Stock Boost On 05 Wrx?

My current mods are Up and Dp, Exhaust, and CAI...

What should I go with next?:confused::confused:
you need engine management,,, that and a protune will net you close to 70hp and 100lb ft.

·
5,780 Posts
Nice! Do you recomend cobb or utek?
Cobb since there are more users/tuners that work with it.

You are a prime candidate for cobb OTS stage 2 map, but a protune will get you a much smoother more reliable powerband, and make the car easier to drive and a good bit more power.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
stock boost is about 11.5 PSI.

My personal opinion, but...drop the CAI, put the stocker back on there, and do some kind of engine management. ECU roms is the cheapest, Cobb is liked well, but there are many others. You could also upgrade your top mount if you wanted, but its not really a necessary item until you upgrade turbos.

Now if you weren't looking for engine upgrades, I could add a much bigger list.

·
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My personal opinion, but...drop the CAI, put the stocker back on there, and do some kind of engine management. ECU roms is the cheapest, Cobb is liked well, but there are many others. You could also upgrade your top mount if you wanted, but its not really a necessary item until you upgrade turbos.

well im about to take my MBC right now would it be a problem if i have it set at stock psi's with the mbc on?

what cams are good for my car?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

***13.5 PSI***

thanks for fixing the ivtec...i was going to say something but i guess i wasnt that bothered:)

MBC = NO on subarus. Even with EM yoll only go up 1-2 PSI. Do not mess with the boost.

·
5,780 Posts
well im about to take my MBC right now would it be a problem if i have it set at stock psi's with the mbc on?

what cams are good for my car?
yea ditch the MBC, your car would run so much better if you just get it protuned adding more parts without it will just make matters worse IMO.

·
5,780 Posts
You definitely had it spelled wrong this morning.... That is what bothered me.... I-Vtec not I-Vetec...... You changed it now so Never Mind.

lol I-Vtec is WAY more complicated than that.... But hey whatever.
is this a honda discussion board?:rotfl:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL! I know I caught that while I was doing lab!

Well I put my stock BC on and my boost gauge reads 6psi's...

Stupid MBC! I learned my lesson! My Turbo had blown like a month ago!

·
Registered
330 Posts
LOL! I know I caught that while I was doing lab!

Well I put my stock BC on and my boost gauge reads 6psi's...

Stupid MBC! I learned my lesson! My Turbo had blown like a month ago!
actually your missing your restricter pill. Most of the time you don't just "blow" your turbo up, actually in most cases you will "blow" your engine up prior to the turbo. Go to a dealership and tell them you need the vacuun lines from the turbo to the wg the stock b.c. and the T, Reducer, and restricor pill, and you will boost fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts