ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed the act street disc kit along with a n act streetlite flywheel this past sat. Im a tech for Ford so I was able to do it on my lift at work so it went pretty smooth. Got the car back together and it drives great but there is a noise i am getting and wanted to see if anyone else has had similar experiences, it could just be because the lighter flywheel changed the resonant frequency of everything on the crankshaft. Ok so when I am in gear and let off the gas engine braking I hear a vibration type noise coming from what seems to be right in the clutch area, the higher rpm the engine brake the more consistant and loud it is. I can't reproduce the sound (at least I can't hear it) by doing a engine rpm run up in neutral, and I also don't hear it on accel. Anyone experience this? Or does it ring any bells to what it could be if its not normal. I do this stuff on a daily basis but this was my first subaru trans pull.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Just basically want to know if some people have experienced a decel vibration noise (note its not a feelable vibration, just like a strong resonation vib noise) after install of a streelite flywheel/ act street clutch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts