ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found which exhaust I want to upgrade to one day when the funds are there.

What I want to know is I have a completely stock 2003 wrx and I want it to be a little louder. I wanted to know if any one has replaced the resonator and the muffler with 2.5 piping and how it sounded?
Or if it would be better to just remove the resonator?
Or just the muffler?

I just want a deep louder sound.

Also is the k&n drop in any good on my car.

Thanks for any help I'm new to the Subaru scene and been looking for videos on YouTube but none are stock with muffler and or resonator delete.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
What I want to know is I have a completely stock 2003 wrx and I want it to be a little louder. I wanted to know if any one has replaced the resonator and the muffler with 2.5 piping and how it sounded?
Or if it would be better to just remove the resonator?
Or just the muffler?
Don't do just the muffler, it's too loud. If you are only interested in sound pick an axle back system by going to local meets and listening.

Also is the k&n drop in any good on my car.
I don't know. It has no place on mine though. I use the correct filter (Subaru) because I have yet to see convincing data indicating any imitation filter actually filters better.

Thanks for any help I'm new to the Subaru scene and been looking for videos on YouTube but none are stock with muffler and or resonator delete.
You could look into a stealth system that keeps the stock muffler but replaces piping before it. Will change the pitch discreetly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts