ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. So heres what it is..

I have a protuned stage 2 06wrx right now and i wanna bump up the fun a little. My main plan next is VF-34, Injectors, Fuel Pump, and a Tune. My first question is, if i get the vf34, do i need any special things to for mounting or does it just bolt right up into my 06? My second question is, What kind of injectors should i get to run w/ my 06 and vf34? i'm guessing around 565cc, but what kind of injectors? i'm kind of a noob with all this stuff so i'm just trying to get the hang of it. Then of course i will be moving onto the Front Mount IC and the bigger APS Turbo inlet hose and so on.. but those are just my 2 main questions.. any info would be a big help. Thanks guys

Shant

·
Registered
966 Posts
get the STI "pinks"....

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SpeedWrx said:
Then of course i will be moving onto the Front Mount IC and the bigger
If you're going with the VF34, then look into getting an STi TMIC (though, you have an eBay TMIC according to your sig) - you can probably get one used for around $300 or so, and put the money you would've spent on the FMIC on a protune ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
get the STI "pinks"....
Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure STi pinks do not work with the 06 - 07 wrx's.

Id just get some deatchworks 650's so you can have some tune ability, that way if you decide to go with a bigger turbo some day you might not need to change out your injectors.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm gonna be getting a Front mount IC and a Tune :] andd as for the injectors.. I think i'm gonnna be going w/ the Deatsch Werks 650cc.. what do you guys think? good bet?

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1 on the Deatchworks... i have the 565cc cobb spec in my 04 along with a vf34 and made 294whp @ 16psi.

Deatchworks is a great company to work with plus very nice prices!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 on the Deatchworks... i have the 565cc cobb spec in my 04 along with a vf34 and made 294whp @ 16psi.

Deatchworks is a great company to work with plus very nice prices!
yeah i think i'm going to go w/ the 650cc just in case i go w/ a bigger turbo later on.. gonna need a tranny upgrade then too :p

·
Registered
0 Posts
yea the 650 injectors are a good pick and will leave some room for more. Consider a TMIC, it might save you some spool time and i duno how much more power a FMIC will yeild but you cant go wrong.

Your gonna have fun either way so cheers!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea the 650 injectors are a good pick and will leave some room for more. Consider a TMIC, it might save you some spool time and i duno how much more power a FMIC will yeild but you cant go wrong.

Your gonna have fun either way so cheers!
haha Thanks mann.. yeah i'm excited.. it's gonna be a big power upgrade.. imma do everything at once and get the tune soo we'll see how everything goes.. i'll keep youguys tuned in, and i'll get the protune sheet up too..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ou quick question.. is the vf34 gonna bolt right up to my car or do i need anything special? i have a helix catted downpipe v3.. i know i'm gonna need a bigger turbo inlet hose..

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure STi pinks do not work with the 06 - 07 wrx's.

Id just get some deatchworks 650's so you can have some tune ability, that way if you decide to go with a bigger turbo some day you might not need to change out your injectors.
They will work as both are top feed but it's just f'ing rediculous as the 06-07 WRX's come stock with 565cc injectors......

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh hey guys one more quick question... will the smaller version of the perrin turbo inlet hose work with a vf34 or am i going to have to get a bigger turbo inlet hose?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
oh hey guys one more quick question... will the smaller version of the perrin turbo inlet hose work with a vf34 or am i going to have to get a bigger turbo inlet hose?
The smaller version works fine, I have it on mine. My first mod was brakes, my second mod was a Cobb v1 AP and a few hoses from Perrin (Turbo Inlet, Intercooler Hose Kit, Intake Charge Pipe). They've been on my car since, except for the Intercooler Y hose as that was replaced when the STI TMIC was put on.

The bigger one might not be a bad idea, or it might be overkill. I don't know.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The smaller version works fine, I have it on mine. My first mod was brakes, my second mod was a Cobb v1 AP and a few hoses from Perrin (Turbo Inlet, Intercooler Hose Kit, Intake Charge Pipe). They've been on my car since, except for the Intercooler Y hose as that was replaced when the STI TMIC was put on.

The bigger one might not be a bad idea, or it might be overkill. I don't know.
what turbo are your running w/ your turbo inlet hose??

1 - 20 of 65 Posts