ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys~
i own a lowered wagon..... but my 17' rims keep rubbing my rear fenders...... i went to alot of garages to check and they said i have wrong offset of rims for my car~~
i'm not sure wat offset do i have......
so...... i want to ask what offset is right for me wif absolutely no rubbing~~ btw i have 225/45/17 tires.... and 17x7 rims~

·
Registered
21 Posts
The stock offset is +53mm, so as close to that as you can get is better. +51mm will work, and I'm pretty sure people run +48mm with no rubbing...but +45mm will rub.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The stock offset is +53mm, so as close to that as you can get is better. +51mm will work, and I'm pretty sure people run +48mm with no rubbing...but +45mm will rub.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now i'm confusing..........
some ppl told me that buy rims wif less (like 38-40)offset will make me have no rubbing......
but now seem like u say higher is better????
very confusing~~ plz help me out~

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
edvc520 said:
now i'm confusing..........
some ppl told me that buy rims wif less (like 38-40)offset will make me have no rubbing......
but now seem like u say higher is better????
very confusing~~ plz help me out~
You want a higher offset...at least around +50. I run 17x7 / 215/45 tires with no rubbing issues on a full tank with 4 others in the car...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Some 225 tires will rub with just about ANY wheel on a lowered wagon. Of the ones that seem to be having no issues with 225's on a wagon, they have found 50mm offset wheels

I run 17x7.5 at 48mm offset with 215/45-17 tires - NO RUBBING

Finding wheels with the right lug pattern and offset does limit your choices, but there are still plenty of nice looking wheels out there that will still fit properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts