ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I'm brand new to ClubWRX.net and I had just had a few questions about which exhaust system to choose for myself.

I drive a 02' WRX, 50k miles, just got it about 6 months ago.

I'm looking to put a new exhaust system on my WRX, but I still cannot choose which to put on my car for Christmas.

Right now I'm stuck between the Greddy Ti-C and the Apexi N1.

Greddy Ti-C http://www.raceinspired.com/p-8875-greddy-racing-ti-c-catback-exhaust-subaru-wrx-2002-2005.aspx

Apexia N1 http://www.raceinspired.com/p-461-apexi-n1-catback-exhaust-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-2002-up.aspx

I don't know much about fast cars, just drive one. So if you could please choose one of the above and tell me why you chose it, that would be awsome! Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
ok so im sure ppl will tell you to familiarize yourself with the search button but i would like to welcome you to the club! those "exhaust systems" you are looking at are just cat-back systems they will just make your car sound cool you should also look into buying a downpipe, catless for your 02 and also buy some form of engine management commonly the cobb accessport

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response. So do you think i should not buy one of those at all? I'm just looking to make it sounds cool like you said, and yes, I'm looking to buy a downpipe for it in the future.

Although, if you had to choose one of them, which would you recommend?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Subaruturbo said:
I appreciate the response. So do you think i should not buy one of those at all? I'm just looking to make it sounds cool like you said, and yes, I'm looking to buy a downpipe for it in the future.

Although, if you had to choose one of them, which would you recommend?
Because a CBE is essentially just a noise-maker, the advice you're going to get is a personal preference. What I'd suggest you do is go on YouTube and find video clips of each exhaust, and choose the one whose tone you like best (after all, you have to live with it).

The more "rice" the exhaust your tip looks, the more attention you'll receive from police. Personally, I like the look/sound of Cobb, as it gives a nice sound, but looks pretty much stock.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
+1 on the cobb (cobbtuning.com) very nice system, looks close to stock to avoid unwanted attention from cops, with a nice rumble sound. Also dont forget if you live in an area where you have to get emission testing done, you may want to look for a high flow cat, or whatever you need to pass, im from MI so im not familier for what you need to have to pass.

·
Registered
794 Posts
you should still get a cat back ideally i would get a downpipe first though to see performance gains as far as exhausts go you should get the SR*S full catback exhaust + SR*S bell mouth downpipe ,with no taper down ,all the way 3 inches ,here is the link to the review and sound clips::

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=168698

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TaZ0XrDi4kM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=awyFJvgBipw

the cobb system that everyone is raving about starts at 3" and tapers to 2.5" at the ends resulting in reduced air flow the whole SR*S cat back and downpipe can be had for 405 shipped new from nissangtrpower's store on ebay search for it

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Cobb. A bit pricey, but me likes it a lot. The sound is all but perfect.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
04.SPT.WRX said:
Cobb. A bit pricey, but me likes it a lot. The sound is all but perfect.
All but perfect? What's preventing it from being "absolutely perfect"?

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
All but perfect? What's preventing it from being "absolutely perfect"?
It is a tad loud at WOT. I like this - there are times I do not the extra attention. Law enforcement have had no complaints. :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
04.SPT.WRX said:
It is a tad loud at WOT. I like this - there are times I do not the extra attention. Law enforcement have had no complaints. :)
Fair enough. Though, if you're driving WOT, you're already drawing quite a bit of attention to yourself ;)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
the cobb system that everyone is raving about starts at 3" and tapers to 2.5" at the ends resulting in reduced air flow
which is a good thing, you'll hold more back-pressure. As long as you remove the restrictive cats, you'll get the power gains, it will not make a significant change from a 3in-2.5in system to a full 3in. If you have the 2.0 motor and do not have emission laws, I would go with cobb full catless.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Cobb is more on the pricey side, and its an amazing application, but the SR*S is great as well and easier on your wallet;)..

·
Registered
0 Posts
I personally have the HKS Hi-Power. The tip is angled and huge (5"!) and you might get some attention for that, but with a catless setup it sounds amazing. It's quite loud and really throaty.. and I love it :thumbup:

If you want a more mellow tone, the Greddy Evo2 probably has the smoothest tone in the aftermarket. Sounds real nice and isn't too loud. The Greddy Ti-C, on the other hand, will be earsplitting with a downpipe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really appreciate everyone's help and opinions on this.
I wasn't to big of a fan for Cobb though.
I did like the Greddy Evo2 exhaust. although, I still like watching movies on the Greddy Ti-c. But if everyone feels like it is going to be extremely loud, it's not worth it.
I'm looking for something that looks cool and sounds amazing, but doesn't over do it's loudness.
I have literally 2 days til i decide if i want the Greddy Ti-c, installed and ready by Christmas. Like i said if you think the Ti-c overdoes it's sounds extremely post once again.
Thanks guys, ill be checking tomorrow immediately! =)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Id go SR*S:thumbup:
Ive got the complete system for $565 shipped from nissangtrpower on ebay.
That included catback downpipe uppipe and header, and it sounds bad azz:wiggles:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts