ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am possibly going to trade my miata (valued at $5500) plus $4000 cash on top of it for a 2002 WRX i found locally. The WRX has 127k Miles on the chassis and 50k miles on the trans. It has an upgraded 16g turbo, sti manifold, turboXs blow off valve, invidia downpipe, headers, catless up pipe and catless 3 inch exhaust all the way back, and greddy turbo timer. It also has an sti trunk and wing. Do you think this is a good trade? And also what are some things i should look for when i go to test drive it?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Be careful man. If you know how to work on your own car and have tools plus the willpower to fix things then you might want to look around. I am not saying this car is not worth it but you need to know that modified cars can be awesome or lemons. It all depends on who did the mods and what their mindset was. For example if the owner of this car can prove he tuned the car after each major upgrade then it might make sense. If it is some college kid with his hat on all goofy then you might want to search some more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i am pretty proficient when it comes to working on cars. I built my miata into a purpose built drift with coils, roll cage, and built motor and did almost all the work myself so its not working on it im worried about. I just am not familiar with subaru motors and dont really know what bugeye's typically go for so i was more interested in if anyone knows any specific things i should watch out for with them.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Where are you located. Maybe someone can point you to a good tuner who can take a look at the car. If you take it for a test drive you need to push it hard. Listen for any unusual noises as you drive. If the cel pops up or the cruise control starts flashing look for another car. Buying a modified car is risky. You might inherit someone's problems. If you are confident in your ability to learn and repair any problems that arise then it might be a good deal. There is a thread about buying a used wrx here on this site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts