ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have this little springer air rifle that shoots 1000+fps. OF course that was not good enough. So i heated the spring with a map gas torch and stretched it. Now the mofo wont stay springd...when i put it back in the gun andcock it the spring just wont spring back. What shall i do?? IS there any way of respringing this thing??

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Maybe there are generic springs you could buy as a replacement? I tried messing with an air rifle once and I broke it. :eek:

How would messing with the spring improve the muzzle velocity anyway???

·
Registered
907 Posts
when you let it cool...did you quench it or let it cool slowly?

what i would have done is pre heat my oven to 400 and after i stretched the spring i would have put it in the oven, then ever 30min-1hr i would lower the temp 75deg. get it cooled down slow as to not lose the temper.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
1000 fps not enough! Thats plenty powerful for me even though the .177 is kinda small. Unless you have the .22 air rifle that can propel the thing at 1000 fps. Just think of it this way. The muzzle velocity of a 22 caliber rifle is under 1000 fps although the size of the bullet and grain will definitely make a difference. That 1000 fps should be perfect. And you will have to probably special order a spring from the company. The temper is probably ruined enough where if you do bring it back to stock length, it'll probably give you less than desirable shooting distances.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts