ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I ordered a $400 bed from a local furniture company this past March. They said it would arrive in 6 weeks. After 7 weeks had passed, we hadn't heard anything, so I gave them a call. They said that it was on backorder and it probably wouldn't be in for another 6 weeks, but they'd call me when it was in. I said "fine" and hung up the phone.

6 more weeks passed, and I still hadn't heard anything from them. So, I called them again. This time, the guy said that it was still on backorder, but it's supposed to be in on July 20 and he would give me a call whether it was in or not. I told him that if it wasn't in by then, I wanted a full refund.

The 20th rolled by, and I hadn't heard a word from them. So, I gave the guy ANOTHER call yesterday to find out what the f*** is going on. He gave me some speech about how this furniture supplier sucks and blah blah blah. I told him that I wanted a full refund. He then went into another speech about how he can't do that. I just hung up the phone.

Today, I drove by their store on my way home from work (after they were closed), when I noticed a bunch of "going out of business" signs out front. WTF!?!?! :mad:

I'm going over there tomorrow to get my money back one way or another. So, here's my question... What can I tell/do to these people to get my money back (short of going on a killing spree)?

Does anyone here have any mafia connections in Raleigh? Well, maybe I don't want to go that far... yet.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
No mafia connections here, but I do know some scary people. Some people say I look a little intimidating (very short hair, and police strobes on the scooby).

What kind of policy do thay have regarding refunds?

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
If they are going out of business, they will probably be doing a bankruptcy. Put your mane on the list with the bankruptcy court and the greviance. When they take all of their assets, they disperse them to those on the list. Suppliers, advertising, rent etc. If your name is up on the list, you get the first hits of those dispersed funds.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Wannabe said:
If they are going out of business, they will probably be doing a bankruptcy. Put your mane on the list with the bankruptcy court and the greviance. When they take all of their assets, they disperse them to those on the list. Suppliers, advertising, rent etc. If your name is up on the list, you get the first hits of those dispersed funds.

Do exactly what he said, and when you go in there ask for details about when/where/how you can speak to someone responsible for the financial dealsings of the store (instead of just some sales guy). They definately owe you something, and if the bed isn't going to show up I'd recommend making sure you know EXACTLY when they are going out of business so you can have your hand out for the bankruptcy settlement.

The whole thing sounds like a bummer dude, but shouldn't you be modding your car instead of buying beds? :confused:

~Tim

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timdog1650 said:
shouldn't you be modding your car instead of buying beds? :confused:

~Tim
That's what I was telling my wife when she was signing the check for the bed. :(

All great advice... I'll see what I can do with the bankruptcy deal if things don't work out tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well I was going to suggest disputing it with the credit card company...but I just scrolled down and saw that you guys wrote a check.

Definitely get yourself down there and demand to speak to someone in charge. If all else fails, my guess would be that a couple of those big ass store front windows would be more than $400 to replace. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts