ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to WRX ownership and even though I’ve read through a lot of posts and discussions regarding winter tires, it’s still a bit confusing. I’m coming from owning a mustang ecoboost as my daily driver for the last three years, which I had Blizzak WS-80s on in the winter, and stock all seasons the rest of the year. Is it better to have all seasons or winter tires for the WRX? Snow is random here in Pittsburgh but when we get it, it’s messy. I used to put my winter tires on in late November, but the mustang came with all seasons, not summer tires like my WRX. I was also thinking of buying a random set of rims, nothing special or pretty, for the winter. Once I do find the perfect tire, when should I switch from the summer tires to winter or all seasons? When do you guys make the switch over?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Modulator
19,549 Posts
If you want to maximize year-round performance, dedicated Summer rubber and winter rubber will always be the best.

All-season tires are a compromise in all facets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not messing around. I got 225/50R17 Blizzaks W90 on Dorman 17x7.5" steel wheels. Gonna put em on soon. I'm in MA. I may look for better wheels next season but for now the steel wheels will be good and I think they add an interesting look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not messing around. I got 225/50R17 Blizzaks W90 on Dorman 17x7.5" steel wheels. Gonna put em on soon. I'm in MA. I may look for better wheels next season but for now the steel wheels will be good and I think they add an interesting look.
I got the 90s as well, getting them out on tomorrow. I liked the WS80s that I had on my Mustang, and prior to that I had a set on my Fusion, so I figured I’d stay with what I was familiar with. Wish I could get a second set of wheels, but that’ll come next year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want to maximize year-round performance, dedicated Summer rubber and winter rubber will always be the best.

All-season tires are a compromise in all facets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I ended up getting another set of Blizzaks, lol. Can’t wait to see how they do!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts