ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this past saturaday I was on my way to Wildwood and I stopped at Precision Tuning to install the TurboXS Uppipe I ordered from them.

Anyway, the install went well.
My question: Now when I start up my car, after its been sitting for some time, when the turbo spools up I hear a pretty loud sound coming from the engine. Sounds like a Screeeech......but when the Car is fully warmed up, that noise goes away.
Is this normal? I know it has something to do with the Uppipe, but dont know if its supposed to make that sound.

BTW, the uppipe makes a huge difference. The Spool up is really 500-600rpms earlier, and the car pulls so much harder on the top end..:)

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
Yup, you my friend have an uppipe leak.

Bring it back and have them fix it.
Yep thats what it is.

Sidenote- Im guessing it goes away when the car gets hot becasue the gasket expands. Any truth to that staement?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
PolarisSnT said:
Yep thats what it is.

Sidenote- Im guessing it goes away when the car gets hot becasue the gasket expands. Any truth to that staement?
I'm going with the leak closing up because the metal of the two pipes expanding closes the gap theory. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
????

hey BlackrexNJ,

Thats cool that you notice a nice difference up top , do you have a down pipe tOO??? Cuz if you don't I know what my next mod will be....:D

THX

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Is the turboxs known for leaks?

If you got Precsion tuning gaskets then they will cover it "lifetime warrenty against leaks"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im heading to Precision tomorrow. Hopefully I wont have to go back again for this same issue. ITs a 93 mile trip from where i live

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got back from precision and Rich took my car for a spin, and he did hear a little noise....but when he pulled out the gaskets, they had no sign of any leakage....but just to be safe, he put new gaskets and now I dont hear any noise....

What was nice to hear after Rich drove my car was that he said it was the quickest wrx he's driven (in pretty-much stock form). All I have is a MBC, CAI and TXS Uppipe. He said most rex's in my stock form dont accellerate that fast and smoothly.....could be a factory freak, oh yeah :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts