ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY

I read awhile back that u can get the best sound out of ur Oem upgraded sound system if u fool around with the numbers (fade, Balance)

I think i remember that the Balance right controls the sub...?

What are some good numbers?

·
Registered
677 Posts
balance is left to right. Fade is front to rear. I know you can take the sub and amp down from the seat and adjust the crossover and gain to make it louder and whatnot. The best way to get better performance would be to take it out of the car and buy some aftermarket sub and amp/

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
GTScoob said:
balance is left to right. Fade is front to rear. I know you can take the sub and amp down from the seat and adjust the crossover and gain to make it louder and whatnot. The best way to get better performance would be to take it out of the car and buy some aftermarket sub and amp/
I second buying aftermarket..............:(

I paid premium ($188?) for it and I have tinkered and tinkered and it turns to mush at about 2 when you adjust from the O.E.M radio.

I will eventuly get a "Bazooka" type removable Kenwood 10-12in powered,etc to blend it better,

As for now......I just leave it on 1.

Shotgun

·
Registered
0 Posts
What I have done is to adjust the BASS on the deck to zero.. then used the volume and crossover knobs on the sub to find the level I like. That way the door speakers are not driving too hard and distorting. Of course if you crank it way up, it's going to do that anyway.. it's still OEM, but it isn't gonna get ripped off :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
i was looking at my sub and didn't see any controls on it. am i missing something?

·
Registered
0 Posts
As it's mounted in the car, there are two little dials, both recessed, on the left side toward the back. I just slide the pass seat all the way up and can get to them. I can't rememeber which is which, but one if Volume and the other is the freq adj.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts