Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a WRX Stage 2 be able to beat a 2002 Mustang GT from a roll? It's a cobb stage 2.

Just curious cause I have never raced before and I don't plan on it, but my friend just got a stock GT and I was wondering.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dunno what sort of performance your stage 2 generates......but I think you would have a good chance to pull on a stock GT....my stage 1 srt4 pulled pretty good on what I assume was a stock GT today......:cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have no idea. But i do know that i see too many Mustang GT's on the road. I THINK it would pull on the GT. but i could be mistaken

·
Registered
306 Posts
i would expect a stock wrx to hang with a stock gt from a roll, so i doubt that a stage 2 would have a problem seeing the gt in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ellinopedo182 said:
i would expect a stock wrx to hang with a stock gt from a roll, so i doubt that a stage 2 would have a problem seeing the gt in the rear view mirror.
agreed. you may now proceed to killing your buddy :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
your kidding yourself if you think a stock wrx will hang with a stock gt from a roll.

WRX-227 HP 217 TQ (170-175 wheel hp)
GT- 260 HP 280hp tq (220 hp to wheels on avg)

A wrx needs at least a boost controller to hang...
It took me a tback, uppipe, and MBC to slightly pull on one from a roll....from a stop this is a diff story.

peace
joe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I don't know what Mustang you may speak off but IMHO the 4.6L's are doggs. I pulled on one bad over and over again with a full exhaust except for the stock 3rd cat in place and a Joe-P set to 15.5psi in 3rd. The Mustang had a full exhaust and was stick. You can check out my thread here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35356 if you want the rest of the story. Upside down, on backwards visor and all.. :p

-Fess

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
On a 96-98 GT, yes...they were not fast at all stock...with GREAT driving getting mid 14s out of them...

On a 99 or newer GT, it would be tough to say. Im sure a stage 2 would pull on a stock Auto GT...on a manual, it would be closer. Mustangs are not top end beasts by any means, but stock for stock, they trap quite a bit higher than rex's, so if the stage 2 is putting WRX's trapping 100+, then they should have it everytime.

·
Registered
42 Posts
stage two would take the stang from a roll, since most stangs are putitng down 215 RWHP...the wrx would have a better weight advantage and be making slighlty more power...

My point was that a stock wrx would get walked on by a stang....

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry but i hung even with one way back when i was stock from a 5mph roll. the guy said he had just an exhaust and i had an extra passenger... maybe it was the driver? oh and to reply to the initial topic i seriously doubt my cobb stage 2 would have any problems with a gt from a roll... its MUCH faster than stock

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had personal experience with a 2002 Stang GT as my friend currently owns one. I haven't seen him race my friend with the WRX but I know that the WRX would either tie or edge out him based on what my car runs.

Me vs. GT: 2 cars
Me vs. WRX: 2 cars + running away quick

This is at a measured 1/4 mile.

I think that the WRX should be able to beat it if you have any type of upgrades.

Yes the numbers say that you shouldn't, but trust me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Correct! Stock GT's trap 2-3 mph higher than stock wrx. To everyone who can't translate that into street terms...that means a GT would have a steady pull on a wrx from a roll. With Vishnu stage 0 unichip, sbc-id at 16 psi, TXS catless stealthback, and PDE uppipe I was able to put a good number of carlengths on a stock GT and a respectable number on a similarly modded one.

RaccoonRacing said:
On a 96-98 GT, yes...they were not fast at all stock...with GREAT driving getting mid 14s out of them...

On a 99 or newer GT, it would be tough to say. Im sure a stage 2 would pull on a stock Auto GT...on a manual, it would be closer. Mustangs are not top end beasts by any means, but stock for stock, they trap quite a bit higher than rex's, so if the stage 2 is putting WRX's trapping 100+, then they should have it everytime.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hobbzz said:
Correct! Stock GT's trap 2-3 mph higher than stock wrx. To everyone who can't translate that into street terms...that means a GT would have a steady pull on a wrx from a roll. With Vishnu stage 0 unichip, sbc-id at 16 psi, TXS catless stealthback, and PDE uppipe I was able to put a good number of carlengths on a stock GT and a respectable number on a similarly modded one.
well said

1 - 14 of 14 Posts