Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im new to modding and new to the site.

Im a little scared to ask Cobb directly (for biased reasons) but what is the problem or what would the pitfalls be to running a stock WRX 15 with just a catted JPipe Mod and K&N High Flow filter without a tune? (restrictor pill removed too)

I have an AP from Cobb but when the stage 2 is on, the car stinks and seems to not pull as hard. I uninstalled the AP and ran it stock MAP and wow!!! my boost went past 20psi and only at 4500 rpms; also no stink. I want a happy medium without the stink, custom tune I suppose; whats your guys' input.

FYI i only pulled it once on stock map just to see; i Thought better of myself to ask around first before doing that ever again.

cheers

charles

ps. please take it easy on me with the replies

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Do you have the J pipe already on the car? Do you have the mods to support the stage 2 tune on the WRX? I know on a STI you have to have a down pipe in order to run the stage two tune. If you run the tune without the down pipe it's going to run like shit, because the tune is set up for that modification.

Select the tune specific for your modifications. Don't vary from that.

·
BooSTIng
2,326 Posts
Your car must be properly tuned for essentially every mod, other than a catback exhaust. Failure to do so WILL result in a failure of your engine eventually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts