ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving home at night and getting flashed by somebodys brights now for the second time in a week, ive had a revelation....

Do you get flashed by a lot of cars? I've noticed recently a lot of people are flashing me with their brights as to warn me about something. Since I have the red vinyl tint on my lights the center part of them are red but don't actually light up, Stock OEM they are clear and don't light up. Funny that people think the lights are out when they really aren't. Hopefully a cop won't think the either I can imagine having to explain this and show pictures on my phone to validate it.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
No, but if I don't run with my foglights on everyone always thinks my highbeams are on....
I've been flashed a lot lately too... Oh, you meant headlights... ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Maybe they're just telling you to get out of the way?...

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Good point. Are you on the interstate doing 50mph in the fast lane?
Nah, he isn't in PA. That's mostly a PA thing I think.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
It has something to do with how PA is glued on to the side of the earth. It causes all of the cars to slow down and pull to the left.
you forgot to mention that it also causes cars to slow to 20-30 when approaching a tunnel

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
yinz er funny.....

All the better reason to blast through at high speed IMO

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
you forgot to mention that it also causes cars to slow to 20-30 when approaching a tunnel
I see you've been to hampton roads....

No, but if I don't run with my foglights on everyone always thinks my highbeams are on....
ya may want to consider re-aiming your headlights mang ;) ... or take the HID's out of the halogen housings :tongue: . <---( just a guess.. I could be wrong)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
you forgot to mention that it also causes cars to slow to 20-30 when approaching anything, its raining, or for any reason including "I'm driving for no other reason but to be on the road."
fixed

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
So driving home at night and getting flashed by somebodys brights now for the second time in a week, ive had a revelation....

Do you get flashed by a lot of cars? I've noticed recently a lot of people are flashing me with their brights as to warn me about something. Since I have the red vinyl tint on my lights the center part of them are red but don't actually light up, Stock OEM they are clear and don't light up. Funny that people think the lights are out when they really aren't. Hopefully a cop won't think the either I can imagine having to explain this and show pictures on my phone to validate it.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
Maybe they are just acknowledging that you drive an awesome car?

·
Registered
380 Posts
ya may want to consider re-aiming your headlights mang ;) ... or take the HID's out of the halogen housings :tongue: . <---( just a guess.. I could be wrong)
Amusing, but my headlights are properly aimed, and I hate when people run HID's in reflector housings. Proper bi-xenons are in the works, but never improper HID's. Also, I'm glad you've all noticed how ridiculous the drivers in my state are. I was beginning to think it was just me who hated drivers from this state....

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Nope, not just you...anyone who has driven in PA knows most can't drive, or can't pay attention while they drive.

It is kinda funny, if you travel around to different parts of the country you will see that there are bad drivers everywhere, but each area seems to have trends, and oddly, the trends seem almost confined to stae lines?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts