ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that when I'm accelerating I get a slight pulse like feeling in the power, not when I'm stepping on it but slight acceleration. This normal? I'm new to the turbo world so please forgive me.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Mods?

What monitors are available (e.g., gauges, datalog cable, etc.)?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mainly at acceleration to pass a car on the freeway that was lets say going 55 in a 70, no down shift just a little gas and change lanes to pass. Mind you my car is completely stock

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
Ranges from nothing wrong to a vacuum leak. I can only guess. Have a close look at everything but don't worry too much at this point.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
SoCalWrx07 said:
mainly at acceleration to pass a car on the freeway that was lets say going 55 in a 70, no down shift just a little gas and change lanes to pass. Mind you my car is completely stock
Datalogs will give us insight whether its ECU-related. Know anyone locally with a Tactrix? I've been asked to datalog for quite a few people.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Datalogs will give us insight. Know anyone locally with a Tactrix? I've been asked to datalog for quite a few people.

Unfortunately no one I know with a Tactrix cable

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will check everything out today on my break to make sure there is no obvious vacuum leaks. Doesn't seem that I have lost any power just that pulsating feeling. Sorry I know it was vague just was a shot in the dark.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
You're in 5th gear doing 65, you're not really in boost...step on the gas, its gonna shudder a little bit while the RPMs are still a little lower before the turbo starts to spool up significantly. I bet if you downshift and blip the throttle, you will not have any shudder.

Reactions: SoCalWrx07

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mikie is probably right I'll pay more attention and downshift see if it still does it. Thanks for all the help Guys. I'd give rep but it says I have to spread more rep around before I can give more rep to you guys.. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts