ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i bought my car (used) the owner told me he changed out the tranny fluid to some better "anti shock" fluid, i checked it the other day and it's green... anyone know what kind it could be??

·
Registered
746 Posts
I thinks that may be shock proof from redline supposedly really good stuff good for the syncros from what I hear. I dont:confused:

I have mobil1 75w90 synthetic in my wrx and my syncros hate me. after shifts though is nice. but makes canyon carving a [email protected]

how does your 1-2 shift feel.

I was thinking about getting some of that shock proof stuff.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The shockproof stuff is not green, the color of mine was more cream colored. I tried the Redline NS with some shockproof and it only worked ok for a while and then started to feel gravely again, so now I've just tried changing it with some regular generic stuff and 1qt of synchromesh. So far the synchromesh seems nice, but it is a tiny bit scratchy.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all of my gear changes are smooth, but i dont know if it could be smoother or not since i've never driven w/ stock fluid...

·
Registered
467 Posts
The Redline Shockproof HD is blood red "like in a blaxploitation film". The Lightweight I think is Blue and I think the superlightweight is greenish-blue if I remember correctly. I use the HD and it's great!

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
I put Redline SuperLightweight shockproof and it came out of the container light blue. So it was probably a Redline product. And I never had any problems with grinding or anything. Just nice and smooth shifts for the 10k it was in the tranny and rear diff.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's odd. The shockproof superlight that I just put into my rear diff is light-yellow to cream colored.

Judging from the color of the label on the bottles, I think lightweight is blue and heavy is red.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
CharT said:
That's odd. The shockproof superlight that I just put into my rear diff is light-yellow to cream colored.

Judging from the color of the label on the bottles, I think lightweight is blue and heavy is red.
Maybe they changed colors sometime? I don't know. I just know what I put in my car. I may still have a little left in the bottle for proof if you want to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts