Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all know winter is on its way again and i need to put some winter tires on. In the manual it says to use 195-60-r15 for winter tires. Now here is my question i have a new set of 195-70-R14's sitting that are 0.5% larger than my stock 205-55-R16's, this difference is actually less than the difference between the 15 and 16 would be. So i guess im asking would i be able to use the R14 tires this winter? Thanks for the help, i did do a search first and didnt come up with much.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I am not sure I understand, are you trying to fit 14" tires on a 16" wheel, I don't think thats possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, the R14 tires would be on the R14 steelies for winter, R14 tires will not fit on anything else but R14 rims. Im just asking if it is ok to use R14 tires and rims for winter use.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Will the 14's fit over the calipers? Are they the right offset and bolt pattern? These would be the major considerations.
HTH
mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not at all man, they wouldnt even come close to fitting. The tire diamter may be close but trust me they wont fit

I just got a set of Firestone Winterforce tires 205/55/16 shipped to my door from www.tirerack.com for less than $265 and I live in NH, so it wasnt like they were being shipped down the road.

These tires have the meanest tread pattern ive ever seen for winter tires, these tires will make your WRX an unstoppable tank in the snow

they look even better in person, just get these and you wont have to worry about a damn thing

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'd just go with stock size, you won't find steelies that will actually fit the car, especially 14".

Last year I ran a set of rally wheels with snow tires, this year I haven't decided, but I may get some green diamonds, we'll see.

tcc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts