ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gettin new tires for my rexy, Yokos. And most likely Motegi rims.

These, to be exact.

Anyone have Motegis on their car? And if ya do how do they look? Theyre 17"s. And i wanted to know if i should stagger them at all. thanks

·
Banned
6,622 Posts
These "rims" look like something someone would put on a Monte Carlo, not a WRX. To be honest the only Motegis worth getting are Tracklites.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I think they look fine :tongue:

Mine are so rusted they don't hold hair. So sounds good to me. They are hard to tell without seeing them on the actual car. Sometimes they click sometimes they don't.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
the problem with black 17's with a chrome lip.. they look like 16s.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
First... do you care about the performance of your car? Because weight needs to be a factor in your wheel decision. I'm sure cost is a factor. And then looks.

Personally, I'll be getting the Enkei RPF1 17x8 wheels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes performance is a factor. And I do want a lightweight wheel that looks good...obviously. I have no problem spending between 100 to 200 a rim ffor a good set maybe more :tongue:

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
100-200 for a wheel won't get you a good set.. But can land you a decent set. Maybe check out the classifieds. Subydude.com has some nice wheels in that price range. Also enkei has some decent offerings

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
100-200 for a wheel won't get you a good set.. But can land you a decent set. Maybe check out the classifieds. Subydude.com has some nice wheels in that price range. Also enkei has some decent offerings
Yea I was just on that site...I was looking at a sick set of "hyper bronze" Rotas. 850$..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rota. Hyper black and Matte Bronze, opinions?

I have a blue wrx, as you can see, bugeye, gold calipers.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i personally LOVE the dpt's.

either color is nice although i'm not sure how the bronze + gold calipers will look.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
17x9 is a little bit big isn't it?
OP, they're available in 17x8 +48 in both colors. it'll be cheaper for you too since you're on a budget (and they'll actually fit properly :))

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I appreciate the input. Thanks for helpin a noob out :) I'm def. Going to look into the Rota DPT in 17x8.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts