ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about the bluetooth aspect on the car. Is it true that all 2011 models come with it? Do you need to get the navigation system to get the bluetooth? Does this mean you can also stream music? How is it when it comes to receiving calls?

Just another random question. I have asked the dealer that is close to me, and he seemed more or less useless. But I understand that the 2012 models are carry overs and I explained this to the dealer, however when I asked him about ordering a 2012 model because they do not have any 2011 models left nor will they take orders for 2012, he kept saying how he didn't know what the price of the 2012 models were going to be and therefore couldn't take my order. Now logic tells me that if 2011 models are carrying over to 2012... why would the price differ?

I'm not sure if I have anymore questions for now, but I guess I'll keep posting on this thread if I do.

Can't wait to get my hands on of these cars.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Id go out of your way to go to another dealer...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bluetooth comes in all models and it streams music as well (at least on my iphone). You don't have to have the navigation package. As far as receiving calls, all you do is push a button on the steering wheel!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've got the 2011 Base WRX and it has Bluetooth A2DP so you can stream music from your iPhone, Android phone, and countless others. Pandora in the car absolutely slays anything Sirius or XM wishes it were!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Ask around.There should be other dealers.You can just email them or ask them over the phone.As far as I ahve heard the 2012s aren't available to order yet.And this was the same thing that happened last year to me.All the dealers kept saying that they did not have a price yet.But by the beginning of September they were taking orders.The factory still mustn't have recovered after the Tsunami.

Like the poster above said,bluetooth & steering controls come in all trims.You can use the steering to answer calls & access the stored phone book with voice recognition.I don't use the aux to play music.I have a flash drive with music connected to the USB port.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I ordered my '11 in Early July 2010, before the '11 pricing came out and they still placed the ordered. I would ask around.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My understanding is that dealers don't have pricing or other details on the 2012s yet. The 2012 will be almost the same as the 2011, but it may have minor differences, and there is no guarantee the price will be the same.

I'm sure you can find a dealer who will take a deposit on a 2012, but he probably won't know exactly what he's ordering, or how much he's going to pay for the car. It's just a way for him to make sure he gets your business.

Last I heard, dealers won't actually be able to place orders until Oct 21.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
My understanding is that dealers don't have pricing or other details on the 2012s yet. The 2012 will be almost the same as the 2011, but it may have minor differences, and there is no guarantee the price will be the same.

I'm sure you can find a dealer who will take a deposit on a 2012, but he probably won't know exactly what he's ordering, or how much he's going to pay for the car. It's just a way for him to make sure he gets your business.

Last I heard, dealers won't actually be able to place orders until Oct 21.
By placing an order early, I got 2010 pricing, they assumed it would be the same and held up their end of the deal. It's worth a shot to call around

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thanks for the help guys. I do plan on getting it from Rockland county (near Westchester county aka NY). However, for those who live near a Costco, have you guys tried going there to get your WRX? I checked out there site and it shows the MSRP values and then the invoice prices. Unfortunately I do not have a membership there, but I was hoping someone would know if it is worth going through Costco who finds a dealer vs just going to the rockland dealership?

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sweet I just PM'ed ya. And yes that is the place. Did you get yours there too?

And thanks for moving this into the right place whoever you are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts