ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can our stock headunits not readburned CD's I burnt a CD onto a Imation CD-R and it plays in my stereo in my house, but not in my car. Can someone shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Check your burner settings. I use burned CD's in my car all the time. Make sure the 'session' is closed. Some multi-session capable drives or software do not close the CD by default. Some players have issues with that.

Also, I'm assuming you're burning CD Audio and not trying to use MP3's or something. Wouldn't it have been nice to have a 6 disc MP3 capable factory deck? Yeah, it would have been nice.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
Check your burner settings. I use burned CD's in my car all the time. Make sure the 'session' is closed. Some multi-session capable drives or software do not close the CD by default. Some players have issues with that.

Also, I'm assuming you're burning CD Audio and not trying to use MP3's or something. Wouldn't it have been nice to have a 6 disc MP3 capable factory deck? Yeah, it would have been nice.
6 disk MP3? That's like 500 hours of music. I don't have that many MP3s!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:

If it's not the session being opened try a different brand disc. Preferably one that is a different color.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
chanwahyaoh said:
Also if you're burning options are set to disc-at-once, try track-at-once (or vice-versa)
Stick with disc-at-once, and make sure you selected One Burn Only or however your software puts it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the disk is Imation 48x i dont know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I listen to burned CD's almost exclusively, since I don't want to ever lose my whole CD collection to a thief again.

I would recommend DAO (Disk At Once) and try slowing down the burn speed and see if that helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, i will try that.. what settings do you guys use

1 - 12 of 12 Posts