ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I just send in my ecu, get it flashed then install it, can my dealer, if for some reason they decide to relash it, do that, and I would lose my tuning?

Since I am only planning on doing non cat removing mods for a while the reflash seems to make more sense for now, BUT not if my dealer can lose my flash.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was wondering the same thing too. Also do you send them your ECU and they send it back...or...do they send you that think u plug into your ECU? I know u are going to tell me i should have searched for an answer but im sorry...also website says that with stage 1 and a stock wrx will run mid 13's is that tru? Any stock WRX's with stage 1 out there?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, they will send back your ecu, but it has been reflashed. so, I guess technically if they can reflash it, the dealership could too. I have heard most people are very happy with stage 1 though, do a search for ap stage 1 and you will see some good threads about it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i just checked their site and it says that you dont send them your ECU...they send u the little programmer thing and u install the map that u want...and thats it.. no downtime right?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Get the Accessport kids......its going to be handy for when you need it again. I know you said your only going to do exhaust but once you go with EM you officially have the mod bug.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, I got the Access Port for my 04. Def Def Definitely (rainman)

On the 04, reflash your base map with 1.17 then use 93 octane (or 91) realtime map. Don't use stock base map with stage 1 realtime map, because of the open/close loop problem on this particular year vehicle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
AccessPort has the ability to reflash the ECU. You plug it into the diagnostic port for the ECU (I think). Just purchasing a reflash will require you to send in your ECU to be reflashed. With the AccessPort, you flash your ECU with maps downloadable from Cobb's website. They only have maps for certain component combinations there so if you don't see your combo, you may have to contact them for a custom map.

·
Registered
59 Posts
exDSMr said:
AccessPort has the ability to reflash the ECU. You plug it into the diagnostic port for the ECU (I think). Just purchasing a reflash will require you to send in your ECU to be reflashed. With the AccessPort, you flash your ECU with maps downloadable from Cobb's website. They only have maps for certain component combinations there so if you don't see your combo, you may have to contact them for a custom map.

That's what I thought before. I guess he meant EM before other mods...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know this is an old forum, buy on the site it says that they cannot detect if the ECU has been altered and that COBB Tuning has the same tools as Subaru does. Also, if you have the full Accessport, you can always change it to stock again. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts