Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was just curious if anyone knows about push start subarus (2017 wrx) and about if you leave your vehicle on but leave your vehicle blocks away from you, will your car turn off automatically?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
figured. i wish it did, atleast if its in park i think it should. paranoid i leave it on sometimes haha

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think OP means push BUTTON start

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
If it uses a prox key you'll have to be within it's range for auto start to work. It remains locked until you open it and shuts off after so long.

My mom's jeep doesn't seem to have a distance it shuts itself off, just time. As long as you are in range to auto start it will run till you get in or it's timer runs out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Right... I think they mean literally the push to start feature, not remote start. I think they OP means they drive the car and simply get out without turning off the car... would the car realize he walked away and turn off. It would not.

Remote start creates a whole different discussion.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Right... I think they mean literally the push to start feature, not remote start. I think they OP means they drive the car and simply get out without turning off the car... would the car realize he walked away and turn off. It would not.

Remote start creates a whole different discussion.
If the key is a prox key it's the same way. It's a timer not a distance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
The prox key will not let you lock the doors while out of the vehicle with the motor running.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all your replies. im sorry if i was unclear, i ment push button start. i leave my car parked in the morning and drive away in a company vehicle and i have been paranoid if i left it running or not. thats why i hate these push starts so much. but if i drove away it would be sweet if it turned off by itself. i understand its a safety feature so if ur key battery dies on the highway then it wont shut the car off, but i think if its in park then they should turn off after like 15 minutes, that would be nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a few different Push To Start cars. Typically what happens is soon as you leave the car with the key there is an audible tone that you can hear outside the car. My Kia Soul would sound this tone loudly for about 15-20 seconds to remind you that you left the car running and it can't detect the key anymore inside..

However everyone I have had will also leave the car running after this warning tone. It will not auto-shut off the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts