ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your head snap back when you hit turbo? like give you a really quick surge of boost... talking about STI here.. Ive never been in a turbo car... well I did when my uncle got his plymouth laser back in 92-93 I believe.. but I was way to little to remember..

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Eagle said:
Does your head snap back when you hit turbo? like give you a really quick surge of boost... talking about STI here.. Ive never been in a turbo car... well I did when my uncle got his plymouth laser back in 92-93 I believe.. but I was way to little to remember..
Way too little to remember? In '92 or '93? Sheesh! :)

I don't feel like I got real head snap sensation in my WRX 'til I went to stage 2. Can't say about the STi, never driven one...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Launching at 4500 to 5 grand on the Sti will snap your head back. Viciously. Pulling out at wot usually starts off with lag then at above 3000 rpms the boost kicks in and pushes you into the seat. Not like v8 snap but gradual push you into seat type of feeling. But mine is stock. Mods will definitely snap your neck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya man theres nothing like hitting boost. Its a little different than a supercharger. A supercharger is a gradually stronger and stronger pull. A turbo is all at once and hard. Its great.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
high on 02C said:
give it a good launch and your neck will hurt the next morning :D
Yes, there is NOTHING else like an all wheel drive turbo launch. Your neck will snap back and the rest of your body will be tucked into your seat.:D Good.Clean.Fun!:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
WRX is my first turbo car...still breaking it in keeping under 4k. I love how the power surges as the car gets above 2500-3k....CANT WAIT till 1000 miles!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts