ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I shouldn't care but I was interested so I have been keeping an excel spreadsheet of my gas mileage, and I started off great 22mpg+ and then went down to 21 to 19 to 17 and I was just wondering is 17 about normal or is it coincidence that I got over the break in period around tank 2 (19mpg) and I have never had a fast car before this one? :cool: I just don't know if I should expect 17 or if I should just try to keep my foot out of the floor a little? :) I don't really care but when money is tight (like right now) then it would help a little.

TIA my 4EAT brothers!

·
Registered
153 Posts
thats a good idea, i get horrible ga mileage, and thats all i look at while im driving, i should of kept it on a spreadsheet like you, good idea. when i got my car, i got 14-15 for the first couple tanks, and ever since then, its been going up little by little. i have just over 3000 miles, and if i use 14 gallons, i get a little over 300. or about 22-23 mpg, and i usually drive al highway. i dont know why its going down for you, are you sure your not using a harder foot:D GL with it

·
Registered
285 Posts
bad gas mileage is normal so you should get use to it, if i get over 230 on a full tank im jumpin for joy:wiggles:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gas mileage varies.
City 12-16 ish mpg
Highway, fast (18-22 mpg)
Highway cruise at 60-70 (25+mpg)

Xede Stage 2.5 w/ 91oct base map.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
eatwrx said:
Gas mileage varies.
City 12-16 ish mpg
Highway, fast (18-22 mpg)
Highway cruise at 60-70 (25+mpg)

Xede Stage 2.5 w/ 91oct base map.
give me the Xede website, i want to check out there stuff :p

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I can run up to 320 miles before the low fuel light comes up on the econ mode. Normally, I only get 230 miles or so when I switch to my stg2 91' map under the same type of driving condition.

I like the simplicity, flexability, and realiability of the Accessport. I'm not a tuner and I need this thing to be running for a long time. I don't recommend this if you ARE a tuner and money is not as much of an issue.

·
Registered
773 Posts
AsianWRX said:
I can run up to 320 miles before the low fuel light comes up on the econ mode. Normally, I only get 230 miles or so when I switch to my stg2 91' map under the same type of driving condition.

That must be a lot of city driving cause i just got done going 250 miles over some mountains and canyons for camping and i was in between a 1/2 and a 1/4. That was with some pedal floored passes and with the bigger snail.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
skyjock41 said:
That must be a lot of city driving cause i just got done going 250 miles over some mountains and canyons for camping and i was in between a 1/2 and a 1/4. That was with some pedal floored passes and with the bigger snail.
I drive through rush hour every day. The hot and humid weather in Kansas doesn't help out a whole lot either. 90 degree with 80% humidity kills :(

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I am definitely getting the accessport. I love the reliability and simplicity. I dont want to have to worry about tuning a piggyback and whatnot. But on the economy mode... is there a big power difference between that and the regular map? Or my main question... Am I going to be able to make left turns in heavy traffic?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
ScreamnRex said:
I am definitely getting the accessport. I love the reliability and simplicity. I dont want to have to worry about tuning a piggyback and whatnot. But on the economy mode... is there a big power difference between that and the regular map? Or my main question... Am I going to be able to make left turns in heavy traffic?
I can't speak for you if you get a stg 1 (which compromises of the AP only). I went striaght to a stg II with a uppipe and stealback exhaust. My car spools fast and boost is maxed at 10 lbs instead of the stock 13 or 14, which is still enough to let you make a left turn in heavy traffic.

As far as a big power difference between the econ and the regular map? Oh yeah. Its econ map for a reason.

The great thing about the AP is that it can switch on the fly to 10 pre-programmed maps that you want. It even has a velet parking and a "security" map available. I'm still running on my stock turbo and when I get a bigger one, I can just switch maps to it and its done! no sending anything in or having it tune (more money for me).

I have to say that the vishnu or the utec package is probably more aggressive in their mapping. And custom tuning is always the best to get every single hp you can squeeze out.

Its what fits your lifestyle. Hope you enjoy your AP if you get it!

:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
i m not totally in the same ballpark as you guys, i got a 5-spd and no mods.

with 3500 miles now, my worse mileage is 24mpg and best at 27mpg.

worse: 334 on 14 gallons
best: 317.5 on 11.75 gallons
driven most of one tank: 378 on 14.1 gallons (so plenty of gas left even though the light came on)

you guys must drive this car real hard. i m sure the automatic cant stray terribly far from a manual's number.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts