ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about removing the second cat on my wrx, so the one after the DP. Will that throw a CEL since it isn't after the cat but before it? And will it hurt anything running it without a tune bc it isnt catless?

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
Your car only has one cat, it is located in the down pipe. I think you are referring to the resonator.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can post a pic of it if you would like, I have tried googling diagrams and only can find info about older models, not a 2012

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
I know for a fact it has one.

Turbo, catted downpipe, midpipe with resonator, axle back with muffler.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know for a fact it has one.

Turbo, catted downpipe, midpipe with resonator, axle back with muffler.
This cant be a resonator, it looks like a cat but after trying to figure it out I just am confused about it now😂

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
Your exhaust is "3 parts". The part that attaches to the turbo. It is the only thing with a cat.

You'll have the mid pipe. It connects between the axle back and the down pipe. It has the resonator.

You will then have the axle back that carries the exhaust flow from the mid pipe and out the rear of the vehicle. This also contains a muffler or two depending on hatch or sedan.

You showed a picture of the down pipe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is in the picture? Bc in the pic, directly to the right of this pic is a flange and then the downpipe from the turbo and that has a cat, I am just trying to find out what this is in the pic above

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
I haven't cut one over. It's probably a "cat" but not really as it's too far down stream. I'm going to guess it's some sort of filter or something useless

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so doing a delete of this would not effect anything? Bc I want to just take it out completely bc I am running no mufflers rightnow and am want to go to a highflow cat bug dont want to pay for a tune

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
I wouldn't modify it at all because it's proximity to the rear O2. It's not going to do anything to the sound of your exhaust anyway

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your car only has one cat, it is located in the down pipe. I think you are referring to the resonator.
Actually the car has a pre-catalytic converter, a front catalytic converter and a rear catalytic converter. All are located upstream of the resonator. Source - Subaru Factory Service Manual/Mechanism and Function Manual. Illustration # 08260781

1 - 20 of 22 Posts