ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a Nameless axleback for my 2011 hatch, I'm just getting hung up on the options... Can someone tell me the difference between the single wall and double? Any benefit to one over the other?( why would you choose single over double or vice versa).

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Im about 99% confident that there is no inherent 'benefit' of having one style over the other in terms of performance, the different tip options are just to make the system more aesthetically pleasing. The double walled tips are 3" while the single walled are 3.5". I have the double walled, staggered tips that are flush with valence and they look awesome in my opinion. I was talking to John on the phone when I ordered mine and thats what he suggested, and I'm glad I took his advice. The double wall in my opinion, just looks like a more quality tip and also retains some of that 'oem' look so that it doesn't attract tooo much attention from its looks. Far as I know, sound quality should be almost identical.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It's purely aesthetic.

Single wall:

Double wall:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Holy double post batman!!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Also don't forget staggered(inside tip longer than the outside)looks better.More flush with the bumper opening vs non-staggered where both tips are the same length.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you sold me, staggered double wall it is!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Hopefully they've fixed the powder coating issues. I introduced Nameless to this site and found my exhaust is almost entirely void of the power coating, and after repeated emails, they've yet to send me the info to ship it back to them to get it redone as they've promised.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah trying to get an email through to them can be painful sometimes haha your best bet jones is to give them a call, they are actually really great guys and I'm sure they'll do what they can to help as they've been awesome in terms of customer service in my experience. Kinda hard to answer emails as well when you only have 4 guys running a company and you are rapindly expanding your online store, getting new products and designing new products at the same time :p give em a call bro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts