ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Blitz NUR SPEC (REAR SECTION) directly bolt on 2002 WRX?
Do I need to do any modification on piping?

Is it possible to make the customize mid pipe(after the cat.) and adding the Blitz NUR SPEC (REAR SECTION) ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Blitz NurSpec rear section bolts on and fits like stock! However, the massive 3" (80mm) muffler pipe shrinks down to factory size at the flange where it connects to the factory midpipe. If you wanted to run a custom pipe you would need to make it factory size (2.5"?) to match up to the Biltz flange size, or modify the Blitz (cut off the factory size flange) to run 3" all the way to the cat. What all this means is that if I had to do it again, I would have gotten a full catback or turboback exhaust to begin with. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
719 Posts
How loud is the Blitz rear section? I currently have a Scoobysport backbox on the car. It wasn't too loud when I still had 3 cats in front of it. However, when I replaced the downpipe and uppipe it go too loud for my tastes.

I've heard a couple sound clips of the Blitz, but it was just the muffler section only. Sounded nice, but I fear it may get too loud without cats.

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
The Nur Spec is probably as loud as it gets. I've heard wav files of other mufflers and the Nur Spec is still the loudest as far as I'm concerned. Don't get it if you want to be a sleeper...

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Dan, the Kakimoto is louder? You gotta make a wav for us to hear :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Si2WRX said:
If your Blitz is in great shape, I'll buy it from you. I'm desparately seeking the rear section. Let me know if you're interested.
Hi Erik. If you were asking about my Nur Spec, sorry, but the store owner who sold it to me keeps saying he wished he had it for his WRX...:) Right now I'm trying to bring myself to getting one of Dan's downpipes and Kakimoto systems!:rolleyes:

Umm...Dan, you said the Kakimoto is LOUDER than the Blitz?:eek:
Even with the silencer? GT1 comes with a silencer, right? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts