ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed AP stage two on my 05 rex wagon. All i have to say is wow! My question is, I do not have all of the so called "required" parts for the stage 2 tune. Basically all I have is a skunk2 cat back, AEM Cold air, and Greddy type RS BOV. The tune worked amazing, the car accels much smoother and power band is more broad and decent power gain. Am I damaging the car in any way by running the stage 2 map without all the required parts? I think all I am missing is a down/up pipe. My goal is to have a well tuned daily driver with emphasis on the longevity of the car itself. Thanks yo's

·
Registered
104 Posts
you shouldnt run stage 2 without a downpipe. im not sure about the up pipe on your modle but i would flsh to stage 1 until you get your downpipe

·
Registered
15 Posts
i will agree with 07wrxguy. you need a downpipe to run a stage 2 map. cobb specifically tuned those maps with certain parts, i.e a turboback exhaust. i would reflash to stage 1 until you get a downpipe. You dont "need" a catback to run stage 2 though. You wont make peak boost but it will be safer then running stage 2 without a downpipe. You stock downpipe does not flow enough for the stage2 air/fuel settings. Also, an uppipe is not need, but can be used with a stage 2 map. I have a 05wrx wagon as well. I am running stage 1 with a stock turbo back and turbo xs uppipe.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yes you can damage your car. Here's what you need to do:
1. Take off the BOV and sell it.
2. Take off the intake and sell it.
3. Flash back to stage 1.
4. Sell the parts you took off and get a downpipe and then go to stage 2.

·
Registered
794 Posts
+ 1 Tef knows his stuff!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The stock DP has 2 cats in it. The StageII map is designed for an exhaust that has both removed (or has a high-flow cat in it). Basically, your computer is telling your turbo to push out a certain amount of air, and because of the cats, it's unable to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i was so focused the stage 2 without downpipe i missed the rest. the BOV and intake are asking for trouble. the bov is making your car as rich as bill gates between shifts. and the intake is not compatible with the AP. btw, the stock intake is good for +300hp. your good to go for your daily driver with the stock one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i agree with every part of that get rid of the intake and bov there just for sound

1 - 9 of 9 Posts