ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i bought a air intake a couple months ago as my first mod to my 2002 wrx, i got it thinking that my engine would compensate for the increase
air , so the air fuel mixture would be correct and not lean but ive seen some people say that i need a engine management to correct the mixture . so i was wondering if this is true , if it is ive been running lean for a while =(

·
Registered
13 Posts
these cars are very snesitive to intake changes due to its mafs. i would suggest gettign a wideband if you have not already and a tuner to compensate, it may not have hurt it, but its better to know then to hope. plus once you buy the tuner and wideband, you own it, so no need to buy it again.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Some intakes are worse than others. Without data, we can't say whether it's an issue or not. Do you have any ability to datalog or read from the ECU?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Cobb Sf intake , i do not have any dataloging devices nor do i have the cable that connects to comp.

Some intakes are worse than others. Without data, we can't say whether it's an issue or not. Do you have any ability to datalog or read from the ECU?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts