ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an AD on craigslist "Very nice 2002 Subaru WRX that is a hail storm damage vehicle. No water damage, just sheet metal dents. Very clean and mechanically right, runs and drives very well but has dents and dings from the storm. A very good deal for someone who doesn't mind driving it like that or who can do body work. It is a very fast car. It has pillar gauges and a Momo steering wheel with a very clean interior, no rips or tears and in great condition. All wheel drive, turbo, intercooled, flat opposed boxer engine, 5 speed manual. $4500" Would this be a good deal or no? I'm also wondering maintenance costs and possible insurance costs for an 18 year old. I heard these cars are pretty freaking reliable and fun so I've become interested.

If i need to move this to a different thread let me know.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I'd be wary of a wrx being sold on craigslist...but that may be because no one wants it since it has hail damage...which may possibly lead to a lot of rust...depends on how bad the damage is. I would look else where...thats just me though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would you suggest looking? Craigslist is where I tend to go because I live in a dumpy area and its the only place I know to go besides ebay.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I'm not sure where you might want to go, you may have to travel to get a decent wrx. They are getting harder to come by used and un-abused. Best bet is to find a completely stock wrx that has never been modded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts