Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Mike Moran's Camaro is called Casper, as in Casper the friendly ghost. He was also the first car in NMCA (National Muscle Car Association) to run in the 6's. And that is with nitrous. Also, Bob Reiger, who was a dotcommer who sold his company during the top of the market, and started running in NMCA, was one of the first people to run turbos on V8's instead of nitrous, in NMCA. He runs a s-10 pickup. I have been following NMCA for a while since I have subscribed to Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines for over 5 years. That's crazy though. 4 turbos on one motor.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The guy who builds Rieger's engines is none other than Turbo Super-GURU Kenny Duttweiler. Duttweiler Performance is quite possibly the very best when it comes to forced induction. They dont have a website but if you look around enough you can track Kenny down.
IKE
P.S. How does 2500hp from a SBC sound?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ford's prototype GT-90 supercar is a quad-turbo V8, except the displacement isn't anything near as big as this engine.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The veyron uses a W16 engine with 998 hp. I believe it is a quad turbo. It uses a seven speed sequential transmission. It'll probably be detuned a little bit more before it is released. It's already lost 3 estimated hp since the first press announcement. But it's still crazy fast!!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
In fact the Veyron is a quad turbo as those above have mentioned. As for the good ol'EB110....it's a V12 that has be recycled into the upcoming Edonis supercar.
As for the engine that Jim posted about...I'm particularly excited about the gasketless design. If only all cars were so simple and effective.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts