Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
push button starter

i was just looking over an s2000 and i saw the red starter button. i think thats kinda cool. do you think thats do able on my rex? how would i ensure that not just anyone could start my car

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Yes you can install a starter button on any car. You won't however have to worry about people starting your car because the ignition wouldn't be turned on(eg you have to put the key in and turn it to position 2). You'll also notice that motorcycles use starter buttons, but ignition is once again key activated(save for race bikes and other off roaders of course).

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pushbutton starter

so now that i have obtained this pushbutton starter...does anyone know how to install one? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i think a kill switch in the glove box is a smarter mod than a push button starter. a little added security, but then again, you really can't show it off considering it is supposed to be hidden =)

·
895 Posts
yodayoda said:
i think a kill switch in the glove box is a smarter mod than a push button starter. a little added security, but then again, you really can't show it off considering it is supposed to be hidden =)
kill switch...that does what?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Penguinking said:
oh i see.

hey, thats a cool idea! anyone done this?
I haven't done it in my current car as there is no need(1991 Peugeot). I know people who install it in their Jeep Wranglers. Many custmoizers also do it.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Yeah a kill switch is the most basic type of security for the car. Then again, race cars have kill switchs just to shut everything down. Most kill switchs are hidden buttons, there are some other(more bothersome) ones that use fancier versions such as: a magnetic contact where you have to slide the magnet across to secret locations within three seconds(eg empty button slot on dash and empty slot on console).

·
895 Posts
...so, how much does a semi-fancy setup (like that magnetic contact thing but only w/ like 1 of those) cost?

·
Registered
2 Posts
other cars with the button starter

mclaren f1
bmw z8
aston martin vanquish
ferrari 575m
and that is all that I currently remeber
(where can you get that switch?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts