ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock bulbs and I was wondering how I could get the purple/white looking ones some modified subaru's and other cars like Audi have? Can I just buy the bulb to make it do this or do I have to do something else?

Also where could I buy bulbs like this?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I have the stock bulbs and I was wondering how I could get the purple/white looking ones some modified subaru's and other cars like Audi have? Can I just buy the bulb to make it do this or do I have to do something else?

the purple/white you are talking about is the cutoff from a high quality HID kit with good bulbs and high end projectors with clear lenses. No you cannot get this with just bulbs. And if you want an example... I just paid for an entire retrofit with all the best parts into my bugeye headlights............Im in over a thousand dollars

·
Registered
206 Posts

You could buy bluish tinted bulbs, but please don't, they're gay. The light output sucks and they annoy other drivers.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
You could buy bluish tinted bulbs, but please don't, they're gay. The light output sucks and they annoy other drivers.
And they wont really give you the look you want. Coming from a guy that has been through many bulb and light setups, if you want that look do it right the first time. But plan on spending a good chunk of money

·
Registered
280 Posts
Speaking of which, don't our cars come with the white halogen lights stock as is? They don't look like HIDs but I always thought they were good on their own.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Speaking of which, don't our cars come with the white halogen lights stock as is? They don't look like HIDs but I always thought they were good on their own.
They're good, but definitly dont compare to high quality HID's.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Screw that. There is a webpage that explains the best bulbs to have for daily driving.

The Ultimate Bulb Lighting Thread: All You Ever Need to Know About Bulbs - NASIOC

You want Ostrams, or Sylvania Xtravisions (They are the cheap ones at Pep Boys, believe it or not...) for wideness and depth of vision...

Forget those chinese/japanese blue hid bulbs.
"HID bulbs" do not equal HID's. Nearly every bulb on ebay says HID but none of them are anything other than colored halogen bulbs. For the money you are correct on those bulbs, best for the money. But what the OP is talking about is the cutoff that can only be achieved through quality HID kits paired with quality projectors properly retrofitted.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
"HID bulbs" do not equal HID's. Nearly every bulb on ebay says HID but none of them are anything other than colored halogen bulbs. For the money you are correct on those bulbs, best for the money. But what the OP is talking about is the cutoff that can only be achieved through quality HID kits paired with quality projectors properly retrofitted.
Exactly... I completely agree. That is why the OP needs to go to the danielstern website and learn about the subject...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Exactly... I completely agree. That is why the OP needs to go to the danielstern website and learn about the subject...
Agreed, speaking of lighting.....

(my one small threadjack of the day)........My lightwerkz headlights are getting out sent out monday :cool:
/threadjack.

OP, look at the provided link, decide if you just want slightly better lighting with a little bit cooler look or if you want to go all out like i did

$30 vs $1200

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Very possible, only reason im not sure thats the case is he cited the Audi lights as the look he wants.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
you clearly haven't seen some of the high school kids driving older A4s in this area with the 10000K HID kits in their original reflector housings :unhappy::D
ouch. Where im at the only high kelvin setups are on POS cars

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts