Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys ever been pulled over for you exhaust? I've been pulled over 3 times. One from a state cop in my home town, one from a city cop in a city I frequent a lot and he said he's gonna look out for me now, and one from a home town cop who said he's gonna look for me if I don't take it off. Any ideas? I have the Kakimato R exhaust. Maybe I should get a quieter exhaust with a dual tip so it looks more stock and I could argue with the cop that it was stock. It is such a stupid law because my car is still not louder than a Mustang, Camaro, Harley, Corvette etc. etc.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Get a baffle(resonator plug) to plug it up when you drive around town. It'll lessen the noise and prevent some of the unwanted attention you would normally get from a loud exhaust.

-LostLamb

·
Registered
308 Posts
How loud is your exhaust. I've only been told something about my exhaust one time, but mine is extremely loud and he already had me pulled over. If the cop doesn't have a decibal meter he really can't do much. At least where I live here in Baton Rouge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been pulled over too when I had the STi exhaust. He pulled me over, looked at me and the tip and said, " How many CATS are you missing?". He popped my hood too. Good thing everything I have under there is black. He also brought out a yard stick with tape wrapped around a certain measurement to check to see if my car was short of the legal height. Never got a ticket, but what an *******. Sure they pull us WRX owners, but ignore those old Buick regals with tintied windows and mag wheels.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Wow you guys are scaring me.

Thankfully *knock on wood* no one's said anything about my exhaust.

Plus, it makes you wonder why they don't pull over American cars...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Boy some cops can be real dicks. I don't think I have heard any WRX louder then some of the mustangs and camaro's around here. And you are from Maryland right, you think the cops would spend more time trying to catch that sniper running around in the news instead of wasting their time on you. I just don't get law enforcement sometimes.

·
Registered
456 Posts
ive never been pulled over, but my exhaust always sets off the car alarm of the guy who parks next to me.....lol, i thought it was just his alarm set too sensitively, but it happened again somewhere else today!!!! *still laughing* btw i have a 'stealth' exhaust!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
So, aside from a loud exhaust, getting pulled over to check legal height intreigues me as I've lowered my car 1.5 in. What's legal height? Does it vary from state to state?

misterx

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
MisterX said:
So, aside from a loud exhaust, getting pulled over to check legal height intreigues me as I've lowered my car 1.5 in. What's legal height? Does it vary from state to state?

misterx
Head lights must be 24 inches from the road.

·
Registered
96 Posts
MisterX said:

misterx
In Califronia the legal hieght is 25 in inches from the bottom of the headlights to the ground. My neighbor got a ticket for having head lamp bulbs that were a certain shade of blue, or too blue. Anyone ever heard of this before, quite new to me.

·
Registered
456 Posts
not exactly for too blue, but here in oregon you can get a ticket if you change your side blinkers from amber to clear...deleting them isnt illegal, just having them any shade other than amber......i may do it anyway!
DML

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
DarkMoonLord said:
not exactly for too blue, but here in oregon you can get a ticket if you change your side blinkers from amber to clear...deleting them isnt illegal, just having them any shade other than amber......i may do it anyway!
DML
Hmmm...well, in our case, our side markers don't blink...so they wouldn't be a blinker techinically, right? :D

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
O-wood said:

In Califronia the legal hieght is 25 in inches from the bottom of the headlights to the ground. My neighbor got a ticket for having head lamp bulbs that were a certain shade of blue, or too blue. Anyone ever heard of this before, quite new to me.
I have heard somethign about that where I live but it was a while ago. Aparently in my area you can only have them (the blueish color of light) if they come stock ie. BMW's mercades. but i dont think they will really pull you over for it here

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
a kid i used to know, he posts over on I-club i dont think hes on this board. He had a steeda GT mustang, man that thing was loud, inside the mall you could hear him if he was outside drivin around. He has a sedona red wrx now with c-west kit i do believe. but that stang was loud, I have been at traffic lights when theres this one civic that pulled up next to me, me not knowing they were there, my car was shaking like i just had 3 12' subs installed, but my system is stock, it was the civic. a 80 somethin pos

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No I'm from Massachusetts. MA=Massachusetts, MD=Maryland

KanosWRX said:
Boy some cops can be real dicks. I don't think I have heard any WRX louder then some of the mustangs and camaro's around here. And you are from Maryland right, you think the cops would spend more time trying to catch that sniper running around in the news instead of wasting their time on you. I just don't get law enforcement sometimes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honestly I love it, it has a low rumble at idle but isn't too loud and it screams at WOT. My friends always mention how it sounds like an older V8, but at normal cruising speeds it isn't loud at all.

02WrXsTi said:
hey knightwrxrider, is that exhaust any good? is it worth getting? my friend is buying it and is getting it soon.........

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Pretty common to have a loud a$$ car around here. Meriden, CT to be exact. The population is mainly Puerto Rican, so you all can guess what's seen more than anything. Honda Civics with coffee can mufflers and making enough sound to rival a Harley Davidson bike! ;)
Some quiter than others, some much louder than others.
I've never heard of anyone being pulled over.
Heck, there are bikers around here that you can at least hear about mile down the road, and I'm not exagerating!
Course... I also have really good hearing.

Makes me wonder about my old man now. He's got a pretty loud REX, but heck... What am I worried about! This is Meriden!
Aluminum wings on civics and coffee can mufflers are as normal around here as it is normal to find Japanese people in Japan!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts