ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that there were changes made to the PS2 in the newest production models. The newest PS2's come packed inside similar looking blueish/purplish boxes but there are other obvious differences, among others, the boxes now have yellow triangles at every corner with "+" marks on them.

Rumor has it, the newest PS2's can display progressive scan modes. Is this true?

Another rumor is it has a quieter fan previous versions?

Does the new version support Dolby 5.1?

Why did they quit making the system in Japan (they now say "Console: Made in China" on the back of the box)? Cut costs?

·
Registered
569 Posts
from what i know the new dueces are going to jappan only, but then again i havent been up on my shiznoz lately. But from what ive heard, yes they will be able to play progrssive scan dvds as for the other things i have no idea.

·
Registered
882 Posts
PS2 has always supported Digital 5.1, but not in game. IE cutscenes and DVDs are in DD, but not while you are in the middle of the action. As for the rest of it, I don't know. They make a ton of PS2 versions here, maybe I will check the box next time I go to the store.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get back to me on it samurai, i wanna know what different kinds they offer in japan

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump to anyone that can answer my questions

·
Registered
19 Posts
PS2s have supported prog scan since the beggining, the problem has been that very few games have supported it. Socom was one of the first to do so.

The fan is different, not sure that it's quieter I can't tell the difference.

The PS2 has allways supported 5.1 it's just most games only support DD, you have to use the optical audio to get 5.1 and it does support it in game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts