ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to buy a Set of Projector headlights on ebay and wanted to know if they will increase the amount of light. I know the power to the lights will be the same but will i notice any difference....

Also could i buy a HID kit and with little modification and have true HID's in my 97 legacy 2.5 gt...
Picture added

·
Registered
731 Posts
id buy those in a heartbeat if i had my legacy still

the beam pattern is off and you will blind people but eh

theyll be brighter trust me, on nasioc in the legacy section a guy with the sn etam has/had them

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean the beam pattern will be off ?
The seller would like 428.00 shipped to my door. Think thats a good deal..?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
justinpool2000 said:
What do you mean the beam pattern will be off ?
If the are JDM they will have a different pattern than USDM because of the right hand drive, and blind oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are JDM

So then would I notice more light in front of me or the same and just blind people... cause i dont care if i blind any on-comming traffic... like all those trucks do driving around..

Also what about the HID kits.... can those be put into older cars like mine and have the same effect like on newer cars..?

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Projectors will always give better light output than ordinary halogen housings, simply because the light is more focus. You will have probably adjust them for our side of the pond though since they're JDM, and could potentially blind oncoming traffic.

Aftermarket HID kits should be able to hook up to pretty much anything. The hard part is just the wiring. Since you have projectors, you'll be better off. I've seen HID kits on early 90s Accords and they give off a lot of light, but since they're not focused like projectors, they don't really give you much better vision.

·
Registered
956 Posts
jdm has a hook shape to the left. it will get in people's eyes driving on the left as in japan they drive on the left not on the right. hid good idea or at the very least silverstar bulbs. there are many conversions out there but expect near $300 for that kit or more. if it was me and I had it I would do hid and projectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts